The Sample Coordinator will process all incoming samples from both internal and external clients. In addition, the Sample Coordinator will maintain and provide an accurate inventory of all samples in the possession of the Sample Repository and provide metrics, as requested, to report on the various activities surrounding the Sample Repository.
* Responsible for Log In of Client samples received for testing. ? Responsible for Initiation of Sample Chain of Custody and ensuring all appropriate documentation is procured prior to release of samples to the Study Directors. - sample submission form, client protocol approvals, online submissions).? Responsible for generating Cell Growth Paperwork.? Responsible for Logging in Viral Clearance samples.? Placing samples on hold / Quarantine and Releasing samples through the hold process. ? Communicates with laboratory personnel regarding samples received for testing to allow same day review of samples and associated documentation.? Communicates with Project Managers regarding missing information or other critical sample observations. ? Adds re-tests, cancels tests and resolves hold issues with PMs to release samples.? Sends emails to internal and external clients for sample clarification or client protocol approvals as needed or communicates with Project Manager.? Sends Sample Receipt and / or Scheduling letters to clients at the end of each Business Day.? Sends final report PDFs to clients and helps to mail original reports.? Maintain accurate inventory of samples in Central Sample Control.? Co-ordinates shipment to MN and ATL sites with Logistics Department? Manage disposal of samples in Central Sample Control as per procedure.? Maintain and present metrics to report activities pertaining to the Central Sample Control? Manage the Rees phone for the Central Sample Control? Perform investigations and deviations
Qualifications: Minimum and preferred
* HS Diploma or Equivalent, college degree preferred
* 2 or more years of experience
* Administrative experience. Must be able to use computer applications such as Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel.
* Candidates must be well organized, detail-oriented, and able to communicate in a professional manner