Responsible for the daily operations of the Analytical Development Laboratories. Oversees equipment and materials in both areas to ensure the technical teams are always operational and setup to deliver new programs on time. Maintains the compliance and safety of the laboratories.
* Regularly interacts with EHS (safety and biosafety) to ensure laboratories are safe for personnel. Ensures chemical and biological inventories are up to date, as needed.
* Interacts with Purchasing to ensure reagent and equipment orders are on time. Partners with Warehouse personnel to ensure on time delivery to the laboratories.
* Author equipment SOPs, as needed, for Analytical Development.
* Ordering reagents and materials, as needed
* Initiate, track, and complete change controls for new equipment.
* Investigates and responds to equipment OOTs for Analytical Development. Coordinates with appropriate technical personnel, as needed.
* Responsible for REES/ELPRO monitoring and response for Analytical Development.
* Initiate work orders for broken or out of service equipment. Partner with Metrology and Facilities for swift correction of the problem.
* Works with Facilities and Metrology to schedule and complete equipment cleanings and calibrations
* Responsible for cleaning and submitting pipettes for regular calibrations
* Oversees the lab aides to ensure the laboratory cleaning is completed on time and appropriately. Interacts with the lab aide supervisor routinely.
* Maybe required to work Holidays and weekends
* Understanding of Good Manufacturing Practices
* HS Diploma or equivalent required and
* Bachelors' degree in Biological Sciences or science related field with 6 years of experience or
* Master's degree in Biological Sciences with 4 years of experience or
* Experience in a cGMP environment is desirable.
* Must be able to work in Lab setting with exposure to Biohazards / Chemicals
* Must be able to wear appropriate PPE
* Ability to stand /Sit/walk for long periods of time
* Ability to crouch, bend, twist, and reach
* Clarity of Vision
Integrity & Dedication, Working Together & Sharing Success; Do the Right Thing & Do it Right.
Our greatest asset is our people, WuXi is dedicated to providing opportunities for internal growth with direct access to a dedicated and accessible Human Resources team.
WuXi AppTec provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.