Scientist contributes in performs and directs assays according to and in compliance with the overall operations of the lab. This position will work with a team of scientists and technicians to ensure group is following Good Manufacturing Practice (cGMP), Code of Federal Regulations (CFR) and/or Points to Consider (PTC) guidelines and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
* Conducts and directs assays and lab procedures according to and in compliance with cGMP, CFR and/or PTC guidelines and SOPs.
* Accurately completes batch records and other required documentation according to and in compliance with cGMP, CFR and/or PTC guidelines and SOPs.
* Works with Lab Supervisor in scheduling and coordinating day-to-day laboratory operations.
* Contributes independently to overall scientific rigor through objective laboratory investigation.
* As assigned by Management, supervises personnel and assumes all associated responsibilities i.e. acts as Technical Reviewer, Area Manager, or Principal Investigator for assays and assumes all associated responsibilities.
The hours of this position are 1st shift, Tuesday-Saturday
* Bachelors or Masters' degree in Biological Sciences or Science related major with minimum of 5 years of relevant experience or equivalent training and/or experience; or a minimum of 7 years of relevant experience or equivalent with a Bachelor's degree with commensurate experience.
* Specialized training in laboratory techniques used in assigned laboratory is required.
* Knowledge of cGMP guidelines is preferred.
* Ability to accomplish the described duties through the use of appropriate laboratory equipment (i.e. biohazard hood, centrifuge, incubator, and autoclave) and computer equipment and software. (i.e. Microsoft Word, Outlook).
Integrity & Dedication, Working Together & Sharing Success; Do the Right Thing & Do it Right.
Our greatest asset is our people, WuXi is dedicated to providing opportunities for internal growth with direct access to a dedicated and accessible Human Resources team.
WuXi AppTec provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.