- Wolters Kluwer
- $60,870.00 -96,740.00/year*
1103 Market St
Responsibilities of the Sr. Content Editor includes management of all phases of clinical content development for assigned products to ensure that they're current, relevant, accurate, and evidence-based. The Sr. Clinical Content Editor must meet publishing deadlines and manage the content within budget.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
* Assign and manage projects for the products.
* Initiate all clinical pre-transmittal workflow steps to ensure on-time delivery of content.
* Assist the Editorial Assistant with identifying subject matter experts for developing new and updating existing content.
* Develop and provide clear clinical guidelines for peer reviewers, contributors, and freelancers.
* Collaborate with contributors and peer reviewers to ensure that deliverables meet clinical standards.
* Engage, supervise, and develop freelance Clinical Editors or vendors to assist with clinical editorial workflow.
* Verify clinical content to ensure that it's current, evidence-based, relevant, complete, and consistent. Communicate with subject matter experts, as needed to ensure accuracy.
* Simultaneously manage clinical content in various stages of development.
* Assist with product development, including but not limited to reviewing competition, developing outlines, determining content sources, and commissioning manuscripts.
* Consult with multifaceted team members (Product Managers, Designers, Marketers, Sales Manager, and other personnel as needed to help them comprehend healthcare-related information.
* Deliver manuscripts that are accurate and complete at transmittal.
* Work with the EIC to monitor clinical budgets and recommend and institute changes when necessary.
* Participate in new product development or product expansion, including but not limited to writing project rationales, developing tables of contents and samples, as requested; and soliciting new ideas at conferences and special workshops or focus sessions.
* Perform other related clinical editorial tasks as needed
* Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Education: Master of Science (MSN) strongly preferred with critical care experience preferred; Advanced Practice Nurse (APN) preferred: RN licensure; Bachelor of Nursing with adult critical care certification
* At least four years of current, acute care clinical nursing experience required.
* Clinical editing experience (minimum 1-year, preferred)
Other Knowledge, Skills, Abilities or Certifications:
* Computer literacy demonstrated by expertise in Microsoft Office products
* Strong knowledge of the current Nursing market
* Ability to multitask
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Ability to supervise and direct freelancer staff or vendors
* Detail-oriented with ability to see the broader scope of projects
* Excellent analytical, judgment, and decision-making skills
* Team-oriented with such skills as flexibility and diplomacy
* Strong time management skills with the abil
Associated topics: composer, compositor, content, draft, editor, newsperson, newswriter, proofread, web, writer
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...