- Wolters Kluwer
1103 Market St
We are searching for a Manager, Content Management and Publishing to manage a team in Philadelphia, PA.
The Manager, Content Management and Publishing oversees editorial operations and staffing for multiple publications (print and online) and ensures that content is clinically accurate, timely, and targeted to the individual readership. Develops the overall mission and objectives for the publication and develops an editorial agenda based on clinical and scientific trends in its market. This position works closely with the publisher to direct development of supplements, spinoffs, sponsored content (grant or commercial), and sometimes new publications, and balances both content and business needs to meet editorial and revenue goals.
* Direct and oversee the editorial content and strategy for assigned titles to ensure that they and all ancillary products meet journalistic standards for quality and professional publishing, and the needs of the readers and business.
* Works with authors and editorial staff to acquisition and develop manuscripts that are appropriate for each journal's readership and mission.
* Oversee editing and writing assignments for editorial staff to meet all production deadlines for journals, websites, Enewsletters, and social media sites.
* Ensure that titles are positioned correctly for their respective markets, considering competition and financial goals.
* Ensure that titles provide readers with interesting, in-depth coverage of clinical issues and healthcare trends in their respective markets.
* Oversee design of print and digital products, such as supplements, directories, and special projects that are sponsored via educational grants or commercial means, writing said grants when appropriate.
* Evaluate manuscripts within the Editorial Manager system for acceptance, revision, or rejection, initiating and tracking the peer-review process to ensure accuracy of published.
* Review and approve article PDFs for print and digital formats throughout the production cycle.
* Direct and supervise editorial staff and freelancers in assigned writing and editing projects.
* Oversee the online and social media presences, including annual short- and long-range goals for each, ie: frequency of inclusion of rich media such as videos, podcasts, online/digital-only content, etc.
* Direct the publication's social media strategy (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest, Instagram, etc.), including annual short- and long-range goals for each, ie: frequency of posting/tweeting, posting strategies, etc.
* Manage the annual editorial calendar, brainstorming fresh ideas for the print, online, and iPad app versions and related branded products.
* Maintain Editorial Advisory Boards and review annually to ensure optimum market coverage.
* Work with Publisher to understand monthly and annual P&Ls, including identifying issues and remediation plans.
* Work independently and as a direct liaison to Publisher, taking initiative and ownership of journals with minimal supervision.
* Work with Publisher, Managing Editor, and Sales Directors and Reps to create advertising sales strategies that enhance revenue and readership.
* Ensure timely editorial workflow in accordance with monthly, bimonthly, or quarterly production schedule.
* Attend three or more professional conferences annually and maximize editorial time at each.
* Set annual goals and objectives for all reporting employees, including developmental goals and reviews in performance management system.
* Assist Publisher in calculation of annual editorial budgets and monitor monthly expenses accordingly.
* Complete monthly MOR highlights and MOR report with feedback from editorial team, as well as other reports and analyses as required by Publisher.
* Perform other job functions as assigned by Publisher, minimum of 6X annually.
* Work independently and cross-functionally, taking initiative on assigned tasks.
* Perform other duties, as assigned by supervisor.
* Bachelor's degree, preferred or equivalent of work experience
* 7-10 years editorial and management experience, preferably with STM publications
Other Knowledge, Skills, Abilities or Certifications:
* Strong editing and rewriting skills
* Good oral and written communication skills
* Good project management skills
* Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
* Must be detail-oriented and able to meet deadlines
* Proficiency in MS Office
* Knowledge of social
Associated topics: account executive, agent, booker, celebrity, consultant, director, expert, lead, manager, supervisor
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...