- Wolters Kluwer
1103 Market St
Title: Lead User Experience Engineer
Location(s): Multiple locations throughout the USA
Wolters Kluwer is a global leader in professional information services. Professionals in the areas of Legal, Tax, Heath, Finance and Compliance sectors rely on Wolters Kluwer's market leading information-enabled tools and expert software solutions to manage their business efficiently, deliver results to their clients, and succeed in an ever more dynamic world. Wolters Kluwer combines deep domain knowledge with specialized technology. Our portfolio offers software tools coupled with content and services that customers need to make decisions with confidence. Every day, our customers make critical decisions to help save lives, improve the way we do business, build better judicial and regulatory systems. We help our clients get it right.
The Business Unit
The Global Platform Organization (GPO) co-creates products and solutions and consults to Wolters Kluwer businesses units around the globe. Our business unit partners serve professionals in demanding knowledge-based industries where you have to be right. The GPO's wide and growing array of solutions and services support business units in building and expanding their online product portfolios. The GPO provides global leverage of industry and customer insight, driving technology capabilities for local product innovation.
Reporting to the Associate Director, User Experience Design , the Lead User Experience Engineer will be responsible for the overall user experience for user facing products and solutions leveraging the Global Platforms and By utilizing proven UX design practices and principles and providing appropriate input to the requirements and development process, this senior user experience practitioner will play the key role in creating intuitive, learnable and memorable applications that provide unique competitive advantages for Wolters Kluwer. This position will participate in the transformation of application design and development to more user-centered processes.
Essential Duties and responsibilities
* Represent the \"User Experience\", translate customer requirements into defined specifications and inspire the implementation teams to develop the right product
* Participate in the definition and deployment across the organization of a user-centered design and development process, including usability testing throughout the development cycle. Establish user experience design guidelines and best practices. Oversee the successful implementation of processes and practices.
* Integrate business requirement driven product design into a cohesive user experience
* Understand target customer's needs, tasks, and goals and translate them into creative concepts and functional components
* Guide technical and business teams in user-centered design principles. Plan and execute projects by applying a user-centered design framework, including designing the user-centered design approach, identifying scope and estimating effort.
* Plan and execute contextual user research and user testing to develop a clear picture of user objectives, goals and needs and to evaluate the effectiveness of concepts and designs throughout the development cycle.
* Create, maintain and confidently present all experience architecture deliverables e.g user scenarios, task flow diagrams, customer journeys, sitemaps / navigation schemes / taxonomies, wireframes, interaction outline/specs and content guidelines.
* Design, plan and facilitate workshops with business stakeholders, colleagues and/or users to elicit requirements, brainstorm solutions and gain consensus.
* Collaborate with business stakeholders, business analysts, project delivery teams and development teams to establish project goals and success metrics.
* Ensure all allocated work is completed on time and within budget - escalating time or budgetary issues to the relevant project manager before costs are incurred.
* From time-to-time play a role as part of the pitch team. Contribute to ideas and strategy for new projects; create/assist proposals for follow on work as appropriate.
* Develop user personas and scenarios to clarify results of user research and focus the team's design efforts on the needs of key users
* Conduct expert customer reviews, competitive benchmarking and market research
* Translate usability and field research findings into \"impactful\" design improvements
* Oversee the work of outside contractors and vendors as necessary
* Mentor other user experience design team members in order to facilitate their development.
* Specific duties of the position will vary according to business need.
* Job Qualifications
* At least 5 years of experience as a User Experience Architect/Designer, Interaction Designer, User Interface Designer, Information Architect, or similar role
* Excellent English verbal and written communication skills are essential.
* Experience leading user-centered design activities
* B2B web software application design experience
* Contextual design experience
* Experience leading usability testing, alpha/beta testing and user acceptance testing
* Experience in interpreting research
* Able to listen well to user needs, ask the right questions, and be absolutely relentless in your pursuit of excellence.
* Strong understanding of, and enthusiasm for, user centered design principles
* Can lead a project team and facilitate the work of others.
* Proficiency with standard tools for wireframes and clickable prototypes
* Experience working in distributed, collaborative teams and working directly with development groups for the implementation of designs
* Fluency in best practices for Web-based information architecture and design as well as strong knowledge of usability principles and techniques
* A formal education in Interaction Design, Product Design, Industrial Design, HCI, Information Architecture, or a related discipline would be a definite plus.
* Online Portfolio (required)
* Portfolio should demonstrate a track record of developing simple and elegant user interfaces.
* Candidate should be prepared to speak about the processes used to develop these solutions and the specific role that s/he played in the development of each site.
* Sketch, InvisionApp, Adobe Creative Suite
* Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
* Solid understanding of HTML5 and CSS3
* Position requires some travel, domestic and international, on a regular basis, comprising no more than 20% of total days worked.
USA-AZ-Phoenix-N Central, USA-CA-Los Angeles-West Seventh St, USA-CA-Sacramento-Capitol Mall, USA-IL-Chicago-West Adams St, USA-IL-Riverwoods-Lake Cook Rd, USA-IN-Indianapolis-Woodfield Crossing Blvd, USA-KS-Wichita-East Douglas, USA-MA-Waltham-Turner St, USA-MN-Minneapolis-South Fifth St, USA-NJ-Princeton-Canal Pointe Blvd, USA-NY-New York-Liberty St, USA-NY-New York-Seventh Ave, USA-PA-Philadelphia-Market St, USA-TX-Coppell-Rombauer Rd
Associated topics: gui, interactive producer, interface, ui, ui designer, ui ux designer, user experience, ux, ux designer, wireframing
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...