Wolters Kluwer (www.wolterskluwer.com) is a global leader in professional information services. Professionals in the areas of legal, business, tax, accounting, finance, audit, risk, compliance and healthcare rely on Wolters Kluwer's market leading information-enabled tools and software solutions to manage their business efficiently, deliver results to their clients, and succeed in an ever more dynamic world. Wolters Kluwer combines deep domain knowledge with specialized technology. Our portfolio offers software tools coupled with content and services that customers need to make decisions with confidence. Every day, our customers make critical decisions to help save lives, improve the way we do business, build better judicial and regulatory systems. We help them get it right.
This position will be part of a dynamic Agile team to quickly deliver products to our customers on LWW Journals and a host of other Lippincott products. If you're smart, motivated, creative, and dedicated to mastering existing and learning new technologies, please read on and help us make the practice of healthcare better through better learning.
We are seeking an experienced Scrum Master to provide hands on coaching to teams and work as a part of our larger organizational improvement efforts. Reporting to the Director of Product Development they will support up to two scrum teams and help foster a culture of continual improvement and high trust. They will also join a team of agile and lean thinkers looking to apply those principles and values in an ambitious healthcare information technology organization. Candidates should thrive as a servant leader helping teams achieve truly outstanding results and the patience to methodically work through larger organizational constraints.
This is a highly-visible individual contributor role within the Health Learning, Research and Practice (HLRP) organization who will be working with both technical and business leaders to help drive organizational agility.
* Accountable for teams understanding and using Scrum and other agile practices well. * Provide visibility into the team's backlog, progress, and impediments. * Foster team self-organization and ownership of complex problems. * Work with other Scrum Masters to provide product and organizational visibility and agility including dependency resolution, longer term planning, and organizational improvement. * Improve team performance by identifying, managing, and supporting resolution of team impediments. * Provide coaching and mentoring to team members as well as stakeholders about agile practices and values. * Create a culture of continual improvement based on empirical feedback. * Champion operational improvement and agility both within the team and beyond.
Interpersonal and Technical Skills
* Servant Leader -- earn the team's respect and roll up your sleeves to help the team succeed. * Communicative and social -- excellent interpersonal and group facilitation skills including the ability to work with diverse stakeholders and personality types. * Assertive -- must be able to ensure agile and scrum concepts and principles are adhered to, and not afraid to be a voice of reason and authority. Willing to hold the team accountable to its vision and values. * Situationally Aware -- must be the first to notice differences and issues as they arise and elevate them to team and to management, where appropriate. Proven problem-solver. * Enthusiastic -- must be high-energy and situationally aware. An active participant in all team activities. Passionate advocate for the agile mindset. * Attitude of transparency -- must desire to bring disclosure and transparency to the business about the team and grow business trust. * Creativity, initiative, and flexibility -- tempered by pragmatism, patience, and attention to detail. * Honest, friendly, collegial, with a great sense of humor. * Other Duties: Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor.
* 3+ years as a ScrumMaster/project lead working with dedicated agile teams using scrum or other agile practices * Strong understanding and experience with software and product development lifecycle. * Proven capability of managing multiple priorities effectively and managing stakeholder expectations in potentially high stakes situations * Ability to communicate at all levels of the organization (including senior management) on issues of strategy, risk, process, and ongoing operations. * Understanding of technical practices that encourage agility such as eXtreme, Pair Programming and DevOps
Other Knowledge, Skills, Abilities or Certifications
* Industry experience in the health care sector is a plus. * Experience volunteering or working in agile professional organizations a plus
Health LRP (LDI)
Two Commerce Square - 2001 Market St., Philadelphia PA 19103
USA-PA-Philadelphia-Market St Associated topics: chief program officer, cpo, manage, manager, management, monitor, product manager, project manager, relationship manager, task
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.