The Digital Integration Specialist (DIS) for Point of Care products is responsible for the overall workflow, integration, and interoperability of digital content products with content management systems (CMS), learning management systems (LMS), electronic healthcare records (EHR) and other systems. The DIS is responsible for insuring content is created and transmitted by the editorial and clinical teams in an efficient, effective, and cost-efficient manner throughout the creation, editorial, production and deployment processes.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
I. Define and evolve a workflow process through content creation, review, editorial, production, and integration and interoperability with LMS's and EHR's
II. Insures content management system integration
* Works with CMS development teams to insure the CMS functionality supports the needs of the point of care team including all content and products * Develops requirements with the GPO on new CMS functionality * Works with the CMS and content system bus (CSB) to insure content is transitioning from the CMS to the product platform * Works with Health Language to insure the content within the CMS is coded correctly for LMS and EHR integration
III. Insures learning management system integration
* Works with technology, editorial and product teams to insure the content is formatted and coded to be interoperable with the LMS and supports compliance standards
IV. Insures electronic healthcare record integration
* Works with technology, editorial, product and other teams to insure the digital content is coded for EHR integration using taxonomy standards including SNOMED, LOINC, RxNorm, and ICD 10 * Works with technology, editorial, product teams to insure the product adheres to interoperability standards including HL7, FHIR, and Clinical Decision Support Hooks and others to insure an efficient user experience
V. Content creation, development, editing and production
* Participates and collaborates with the content team to create, develop, and edit content * Participates within the production cycle to insure content is presented in a user-friendly, easy to use version that fits within the clinical workflow
VI. Participates in strategic planning
* Works with the editorial, product, technology, and other teams to define strategy and product development, ensuring that the products meet the needs of our end-users and business * Participates in planning and interpreting market and end user research activities
VII. Defines digital integration strategies and priorities for the Point of Care business
* With the team, determines the content and product needs and relative priorities to support the business strategy * Is a member of the Wolters Kluwer EHR workgroup and other workgroups as assigned
VIII. Educates Wolters Kluwer staff and others on best practice for digital content development, editorial flow, content and product integration/interoperability with core products such as the CMS, CSB, LMS, and HER
* Acts as a resource for internal and external customers
IX. Performs administrative duties as needed:
* Reviews annual budgets as requested by manager * Performs other job functions as assigned * Sets annual goals and objectives for all reporting employees, including developmental goals, in the performance management system * Conducts reviews according to established HR processes * Establishes Performance Improvement Plans for employees struggling to meet goals and objectives
Education: Bachelor's degree preferred, or equivalent experience required.
5 + years of experience in editing and publishing in a digital content environment including:
* Experience in CMS functionality * Experience in LMS integration * Experience in EHR integration * Product development experience
Travel requirement: Requires 20% travel
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.