Join one of the fastest growing areas of our retirement business! As an Analyst within the Actuarial Service Center, you will contribute, as part of a team, to a range of retirement valuation, accounting and special projects. You will have the opportunity to enhance your knowledge of retirement plans, employ the most cutting edge tools and resources to complete required projects, and enhance your project management skills.
Employment-based non-immigrant visa sponsorship and/or assistance is not offered for this specific job opportunity.
The Actuarial Service Center (ASC) is an internal service center within the US Retirement Line of Business that provides high quality and efficient annual work for pension and post retirement plans served by the Retirement consulting teams. Work performed within the service center includes annual actuarial funding and accounting valuations, government forms and a wide range of special projects.
Love your work.
Partner with team members on the following performance objectives:
* Prepare actuarial valuations and reports in conjunction with consulting teams with minimal supervision on standard assignments
* Complete analysis and reconciliations of plan participant data and plan assets
* Prepare government reporting forms and annual employee benefit statements
* Complete other special projects related to plans such as cost and contribution forecasting, experience studies and plan design
* Provide support for benefit calculations and other pension administration projects
* Respond to all requests and communications effectively and efficiently
* Work with project leader to ensure that each project is completed on time and meets quality standards
* Manage and prioritize own workload efficiently to fulfill commitments in a timely manner
* Contribute to profitability by completing budget spreadsheets, monitoring own time spent on project, seeking ways to enhance efficiency and maintaining accurate time records
* Work independently and utilize available resources to develop technical skills, asking for assistance when required
* Participate and actively engage in training sessions
The Requirement :
* We are looking for candidates who are not interested in writing future actuarial exams
* A Bachelor's degree is required in Mathematics, Actuarial Science, Statistics or other Mathematics related program with a GPA 3.0 or higher (provide transcript with application or GPA information on resume)
* Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint), experience with a programming language (like Visual Basic) is helpful
* Proven analytical skills and mathematical aptitude
* Detail oriented
* Ability to ask the right questions and seek help where appropriate; good problem solving ability
* Sense of accountability; owning one's work and taking pride in it
* Ability to organize, set priorities, work independently and complete multiple projects within established deadlines
* Strong written and verbal communication skills and a demonstrated ability to interact with colleagues at all levels
* Strong client service orientation
* Ability to work both independently and on client teams
* Previous defined benefit pension experience is a plus
Equal Opportunity Employer/Vet/Disability
Associated topics: actuarial director, actuary, actuary consultant, analyst, associate actuary, cost, director actuary, life actuary, mathmatics, probability
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.