The Middle School Assistant Principal serves as part of the administrative team providing instructional and cultural leadership of the school. This position works with the Principal to carry out the district's mission at the school level, ensuring all students receive high quality instruction in an aligned and coherent system while addressing their social and emotional needs in a safe and engaging environment.
* Established success as an educational leader, either as a principal, assistant principal, dean of students, or other formal capacity that clearly demonstrates ability to successfully lead an entire school community.
* Proven track record as an administrator or educational leader that demonstrates unwavering commitment to ensure all students learn at high levels.
* Experience with, and passionate support for a learning community culture centered around collaboration and shared responsibility.
* Understanding of trauma-informed practice and the importance of supporting the social/emotional needs of students to ensure high levels of learning for all.
* Deep knowledge of high-quality instructional strategies and experience leading professional development for staff.
* Has proven commitment to the development of a positive school climate
* Is consistent in follow through
* Has an understanding of diverse socio-economic levels
* Is tactful, diplomatic, fair, consistent
* Works effectively with parents
* Shows a deep interest and concern for all children
* Valid Washington State Certificate with Principal Endorsement
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
* Possess a passion for teaching and learning, and a depth of knowledge of curriculum including the core subject areas of reading, math, science and writing.
* Ability to create a safe, orderly, positive school climate for students and staff.
* Ability to foster growth, creativity, and flexibility using a variety of techniques.
* Demonstrated successful experience in shared decision making, program development, staff supervision and evaluation.
* Knowledge of and demonstrated skills in the use of technology for teaching and learning.
* Knowledge of laws, rules and regulations governing the operation of public schools, including school reform legislation.
* Experience with bilingual/bicultural and minority staff and students.
* Spanish bilingual skills preferred.
WALLA WALLA PUBLIC SCHOOLS VISION-MISSION-BELIEFS
Developing Washington's most sought-after graduates
Walla Walla Public Schools ensures all students receive high quality instruction in an aligned and coherent system while addressing their social and emotional needs in a safe and engaging environment.
* in challenging and supporting all students
* quality instruction is critical to student success
* in investing in staff to ensure excellence
* in maximizing the impact of our resources
* in collaborative and transparent operation
* in the importance of family and community
* diversity is a strength
Reports to the Building Principal
260-day contract; Principals Salary Schedule
The preceding list of essential functions is not exhaustive and may be supplemented as necessary.
Posting closes May 20, 2019
Submit online application to include:
* Letter of application detailing ability to successfully address all of the required qualifications.
* 3 letters of recommendation
The Walla Walla School District does not discriminate in any programs or activities on the basis of sex, race, creed, religion, color, national origin, age, veteran or military status, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, disability, or the use of a trained dog guide or service animal and provides equal access to the Boy Scouts and other designated youth groups. The Walla Walla School District will also take steps to assure that national origin persons who lack English language skills can participate in all education programs, services and activities. For information regarding translation services or transitional bilingual education programs, contact (509) ###-####. The following employees have been designated to handle questions and complaints of alleged discrimination:
Civil Rights Compliance Coordinator
Title IX Coordinator Section 504/ADA Coordinator
Liz Campeau, Director of HR Libby Thompson, Director of Special Education
364 S. Park Street 364 S. Park Street
Walla Walla, WA 99362 Walla Walla, WA 99362
(509) ###-#### (509) ###-####
Associated topics: elementary vice principal, executive director, high school principal, high school superintendent, manage, middle school principal, principal, school principal, supervise, vice principal
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.