Wabash National is more than a place to work. It is a place to contribute your talents, taking pride in being part of a team that moves diverse industries forward through innovative solutions. Each associate is a valued team member, empowered to carry forward the legacy of innovation that jumpstarted the company over 25 years ago.
If you are applying for a position with certain of Wabash National Corporation's subsidiaries, Walker Stainless Equipment LLC, or Brenner Tank, LLC, with locations in Wisconsin and Oregon. Please know that these companies are equal opportunity/affirmative action employers. You can learn more about your rights by viewing the federal \"EEO is the Law\" poster at .
If you are passionate about making a difference and being part of a team that is shaping the future, take a closer look at Wabash National. We look for strong, stand-out recruits with the desire to elevate our organization and make it the best it can be for our associates, our customers and our community.
The Director, Sales is responsible for attaining or exceeding a team sales goal by: recruiting and developing a high performing sales team, setting clear expectations and holding team members accountable, directing sales efforts with specific customer groups, growing regional sales of existing customers and -- as an area of particular emphasis -- conquest accounts. The Director, Sales actively participates in regional customer events, oversees management of the regional chassis pool, and forecasts and manages the regional sales and expense budgets.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Leads, supervises and motivates sales team including District Sales Managers and Inside Sales Directly (where applicable)
- Directs and monitors sales efforts of team with specific customer groups including: light and medium duty commercial truck dealers, regional truck rental and leasing companies, FMC s and Full Service Leasing companies, and end user fleets
- Recruits, coaches and develops DSM and inside sales team; evaluates team member performance and provides training and counsel where necessary
- Forecasts and manages annual regional sales and expense budget
- Attains/exceeds the annual sales objectives determined for the region
- Grows regional sales via improved penetration with existing customers and acquisition of new accounts
- Travels with DSM s throughout the region to meet customers on a regular basis
- Tracks, monitors and reviews weekly activity of sales team, both on an individual and regional level; reports team results to FMP management
- Interfaces with OEM contacts to assist in their dealer training in order to increase the sales of FMP products into the vocational markets
- Works with DSM s and customers to participate in Regional and National Sales Events, Customer Appreciation Events, Regional Trade Shows and Plant Tours
- Conducts regional sales meetings and participates in FMP sales meetings
- Establishes pricing bid requests and tactics for high potential and conquest customers
- Oversees management of regional Chassis Pool to maintain proper inventory of Chassis to maximize sales of products while balancing potential interest expenses
- Oversees regional sales process for effective order flow before production, and customer satisfaction
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned
- Bachelors Degree Major Desired: BA in Marketing or Business or related field. MA/MS in a related field is a plus
- 10+ years of successful sales experience, including at least 5 years of sales leadership experience
- Track record of growing sales in both existing accounts and conquest accounts through a leadership of a sales team
Equal opportunity employer. This company considers candidates regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Wabash National is a tobacco free environment.
If you need any assistance seeking a job opportunity at Wabash National Corporation or any of its affiliates, or if you need reasonable accommodation with the application process, please email .
Associated topics: administrative, branch manager, director of sales, leader, management, sales executive, sales leader, shift lead, supervisor, team lead