Vulcan Materials Company is the nation's largest producer of construction aggregates and a major producer of aggregates-based construction materials including asphalt and ready-mixed concrete. We run our business with great discipline and integrity.
At Vulcan, our people share a competitive drive for excellence, in an environment of trust, teamwork, positive reinforcement, open-mindedness and communication.
Ours is a culture of mutual respect, integrity and committed spirit. Opportunity, community and unity is our way of doing business. We call it The Vulcan Way.
This is a temporary summer help position. Candidate will be required to travel between multiple Ready Mix Facilities depending on daily schedule. Candidate will be expected to perform a variety of non-skilled tasks such as ice detail, cleaning plant area by shoveling and removing spilled material, debris from stairs, catwalks, platforms, washing concrete pads, etc.
Candidates will be required and expected to :
* Unload ice.
* Mow grass, pick up litter, etc.
* Assist in facilities maintenance as required.
* Maintain good housekeeping practices on equipment.
* Must be willing to work a rotating schedule with varying shifts and must be punctual in adhering to established start times.
* Perform other duties as directed by supervisor.
* Candidates must be able to work in a heavy industrial environment, exposed to weather elements, some noise; must have ability to work independently and problem-solve while working alone or as part of a team.
The description is not all inclusive of the duties that are performed and expected for this position. Candidate may be assigned to duties other than those outlined above as the work environment and essential functions of the job change
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
High School Diploma/GED. Must be 18 to apply.
Entry level experience.
Vulcan is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or genetics, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law from discrimination.
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.