Virginia Mason is seeking a Medical Assistant to assist providers and other members of the health care team in clinic offices by performing a variety of back office and patient-related tasks and ensuring smooth patient and work flow within the department. The Medical Assistant performs a variety of patient care procedures within the Medical Assistant (MA) scope of practice, which may include but is not limited to: injections, EKGs, ear lavage and blood draws, measuring patient vital signs (weight, height, blood pressure, pulse, respirations, and temperature),manage rooming and patient flow, including pre-visit preparation, assisting with the patient visit, and post-visit duties, informs provider of schedule changes that impact patient flow, may assist with front office activities and varied scheduling tasks and reports test results as directed by the provider.
As a Medical Assistants at Virginia Mason you will contribute to the strength of our Team Medicine approach to collaborative medicine and benefit from the changes enacted through our Virginia Mason Production System, a model that has transformed health care by providing patients with easier access to care, reducing errors, and continuously innovating patient safety and quality that has been adopted by other organizations here and abroad. Join us, and find out how many ways Virginia Mason offers Medical Assistants the chance to focus on what really matters - your patients.
* Graduation from an accredited Medical Assisting program, with Washington State Department of Health Medical Assistant - Certified (CM) or Medical Assistant Interim (IC) credential required.
* Knowledge of third party payer requirements required.
* Strong aptitude for detail, and ability to work independently, required.
* Strong organizational, problem solving, communication and interpersonal skills required. Skill in using a PC required.
Located in Seattle, WA, Virginia Mason is an internationally recognized leader in the continuous improvement of health care. With an extensive list of awards and distinctions that includes our recognition as a Leapfrog Top Hospital of the Decade, Virginia Mason offers Medical Assistants the opportunity to partner with exceptionally talented peers at every level.
Just as Virginia Mason is dedicated to improving the lives of our patients and our community, we are equally dedicated to your professional and personal success. With a wide range of perks that includes a comprehensive compensation and benefits package, and the opportunity to live in one of the most livable cities in the nation, you will find that a Medical Assistant opportunity with Virginia Mason is one worth taking.
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
Associated topics: care, care physician, general practice, nocturnist, physician md, practice, practice physician, practitioner, primary care, urgent
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.