- Veterans Canteen Service
- $37,380.00 -60,490.00/year*
Hospitality - Food Services
1103 Market St
Assistant Manager - Restaurant/Retail
Relocation required anywhere within the United States
Come build a rewarding hospitality career that allows you to give back to the Veteran Community! With over 70 years of serving our nation's veterans, Veterans Canteen Service (VCS) is currently seeking managers who want to grow with us in a fast paced environment.
You will be trained in City, State. Upon completion of training, your first assignment will be at a VA Medical Center located within the United States. You must be willing to relocate to a new duty station once training is complete. Relocation will be paid for by the Veterans Canteen Service, but home buy out is not available. A signed mobility statement is required upon entrance on duty.
* Oversee the Patriot Caf? and Retail Store in the VA Medical Center
* Ensure day-to-day facility performance
* Promote great customer service, safe food quality, restaurant cleanliness and sanitation
* Inventory control, labor cost, and budget management
* Develops and implements local promotional programs
* Supervise assigned personnel
* Reports to General Manager
* Competitive Salary (varies by location and experience)
* Opportunities for growth
* Full Federal benefits package (Health, Life, Retirement, etc.)
* Paid vacation, paid sick days, and ten paid holidays
For more information about VCS, visit:
Requirements for Consideration:
* Minimum of 3 years of direct food/retail management experience
* Proven track record of building sales, increasing profits, staff development
* Hands-on leadership with a strong focus on service and hospitality
* Proficient computer skills using Microsoft applications (Word, Excel, etc.)
* Experience with POS Systems
* ServSafe certification required or obtained within 90 days of hire date
* Associate Degree preferred, but not required, in Business, Hospitality or Management
* Must be willing to relocate anywhere within the United States, a signed mobility agreement required upon hire.
Associated topics: assistant manager, assistant store manager, associate manager, department supervisor, lead, manager, principal, retail store manager, senior manager, shift supervisor
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...