Veolia Water Technologies Dayton is currently seeking an Engineering Co-Op to support the Mobile Water Services group in the Philadelphia area.
Veolia group is the global leader in optimized resource management. With over 171,000 employees worldwide, the Group designs and provides water, waste and energy management solutions which contribute to the sustainable development of communities and industries. Through its three complementary business activities, Veolia helps to develop access to resources, preserve available resources, and to replenish them.
In 2018, the Veolia group supplied 95 million people with drinking water and 63 million people with wastewater service, produced nearly 56 million megawatt hours of energy and converted 49 million metric tons of waste into new materials and energy. Veolia Environnement (listed on Paris Euronext: VIE) recorded consolidated revenue of ?25.91 billion in 2018 (USD 30.6 billion).
The co-op would support our mobile water services and Hydrex chemical management team's activities primarily at the Veolia Energy Philadelphia sites. Occasional opportunities to travel to other projects in the United States may be needed.
Veolia's mobile water services at the site include the latest technology in reverse osmosis, including the largest flow in a mobile platform and highest water recovery efficiency in the marketplace. The Hydrex chemistry platform includes water treatment programs for optimizing membrane, steam generation, and cooling water systems utilizing state of the art custom chemical formulations, engineering principles, and experiences from the largest water services company in the world. The position would include a normal Monday through Friday full time work week in Philadelphia as well as it may require one to two trips per quarter to other projects for up to a week in duration.
The co-op will be exposed to and given the opportunity to learn, gain experience, and provide value to Veolia in the following areas:
Industrial water treatment
Ion exchange demineralization
Steam turbines & electric generation
Cooling water & chillers
Chemical water treatment; antiscalants, corrosion inhibitors, cleaners, and micro-biocides
Sales and marketing
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Work safely and productively without direct supervision
* Wear the appropriate PPE in designated areas
* Water sampling and laboratory testing
* Data collection, logging, and analysis
* Chemical inventory management
* Operational assistance and optimization of a RO system
* Supporting the RO clean-in-place process
* Technical report writing and presentations
* Presentation to internal and external stakeholders
* Assisting with light maintenance projects and filter cartridge changeouts
Education and Experience Requirements:
* * Must be enrolled in a Bachelor Degree program in Mechanical Engineering or Chemical Engineering. * Must be proficient with MS Office. * Must have a valid Driver's License that allows for driving in the United States. * Must have reached Sophomore status * Minimum of 3.0 GPA required
VWS offers you a competitive compensation and benefits package, along with a dynamic work environment. We offer challenging projects and training to ensure you success.
Associated topics: ehs, environmental, environmental effect, environmental health safety, environmental protection agency, green energy, hazardous material, waste, waste management, water engineer
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.