Acute Care Pediatric Nurse Practitioner, NP - Newborn Service
Healthcare - Nursing
589 McCormick Rd
Loading some great jobs for you...
Masters-prepared nationally certified clinician who manages the care of a defined patient population as a dominant aspect of the role. Recognized as an interdisciplinary leader within the service area. Consistently demonstrates core competencies of advanced practice in a define specialty. Expert direct clinical practice, Consultation, Research skills, Clinical and professional leadership, Collaboration Ethical decision-making. Expert coaching and guidance.
* Relationship Based Care reflects the influence of the nurse's relationship with self, colleagues and patient/family on the patient experience.
* Expert Caring encompasses clinical assessment planning prioritizing coordinating and implementation of care. Empowered Leaders demonstrate knowledge of and actively participate in shared governance.
* Lifelong Learners encompasses professional development through formal education professional certification internal and external learning opportunities and recognizes the value of external professional organizations.
* Supports onboarding of new team members and precepts as applicable.
* Quality Achievement includes adherence to clinical documentation guidelines comprehension of outcomes data engagement in performance improvement activities and commitment to standard work.
* Innovation is demonstrated by application of technologies that support patient care actively seeking to implement evidence based practice and new knowledge generated by nursing research.
* In addition to the above job responsibilities, other duties may be assigned.
Position Compensation Range: $81,078.40 - $129,729.60 Annual
Education: Masters Degree in Nursing from an accredited School of Nursing.
Licensure: Licensed to Practice as a Registered Nurse in the Commonwealth of Virginia required. Licensed to practice as a Nurse Practitioner in the Commonwealth of Virginia required. Licensed to prescribe medication in the Commonwealth of Virginia required. American Heart Association (AHA) Health Care Provider BLS certification required.
Job requires standing for prolonged periods, frequently walking/bending/stooping. Proficient communicative, auditory and visual skills; Attention to detail and ability to write legibly; Ability to lift/push/pull 20 - 50lbs. May be exposed to chemicals, blood/body fluids and infectious disease.
The University of Virginia, including the UVA Health System and the University Physician's Group are fundamentally committed to the diversity of our faculty and staff. We believe diversity is excellence expressing itself through every person's perspectives and lived experiences. We are equal opportunity and affirmative action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender identity, marital status, national or ethnic origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, veteran status, and family medical or genetic information.
Associated topics: adult nurse practioner, assessments, certified nursing, cnm, family nurse practioner, gyn, locum, neighborcare, nursing assistant cna, practice
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.