- Urban Outfitters
1103 Market St
Pizzeria Vetri offers award-winning authentic, wood-fired Neapolitan pizza in a comfortable, casual environment. The menu offers a selection of seasonal pizzas, antipasti, salads and sweets made in-house using only the freshest ingredients. Founded in Philadelphia, Pizzeria Vetri now boasts four locations; Philadelphia's Art Museum and Rittenhouse neighborhoods, King of Prussia, PA and Washington D.C. Pizzeria Vetri is part of URBN Food and Beverage, which also owns and operates Amis brands (Amis Trattoria and Bar Amis) and Terrain Garden Cafe.
Reports to: General Manager
Summary of Position
The Assistant Manager is responsible for managing the daily operations of the restaurant. In addition, they oversee the inventory and ordering of food and supplies, optimize profits and ensure that guests have an exceptional experience.
Duties & Responsibilities
GENERAL: Manage shifts which include: daily decision making, scheduling, planning while upholding standards, product quality and cleanliness. Helps to plan, oversee and execute the production and presentation for all meals served during a respective service period. Follows company guidelines for ordering, inventory, budget management, and works closely with the GM to manage administrative tasks.
* Responsible for managing food and supplies purchases through vendors, and making adjustments to purchasing based upon financial objectives.
* Maintains accurate inventories to Ensure appropriate stocking levels and proper rotation of perishable food; this includes the cleaning and organization of all storage areas in freezer, refrigerator, and dry storage areas.
* Responsible for ensuring that all financial (invoices, reporting) and personnel/payroll related administrative duties are completed accurately, on time and in accordance with company policies and procedures.
* Enforce sanitary practices for food handling, general cleanliness, and maintenance of kitchen and dining areas. Ensure compliance with operational standards, company policies, federal/state/local laws, and ordinances.
* Maintain professional restaurant image, including restaurant cleanliness, proper uniforms, and appearance standards.
* Supervises the cleanliness, orderliness, and maintenance of the Food Service Department
* Ensure a safe working and guest environment to reduce the risk of injury and accidents. Completes appropriate reports promptly in the event that a guest or employee is injured.
* Interacts with guests to obtain feedback on product quality and service levels; effectively responds to and handles guest problems and complaints.
* Provide direction to employees regarding operational and procedural issues
* Interview hourly employees.
* Assist General Manager in hiring, supervision, development and, when necessary, termination of employees.
* Conduct orientation and oversee the training of new employees.
* Develop employees by providing ongoing feedback, establishing performance expectations and by conducting performance reviews.
* Provide strong presence in local community and high level of community involvement by restaurant and personnel.
* College and/ or culinary degree is preferred, but not required
* Minimum 2 years restaurant experience required
* Self-discipline, initiative, leadership ability and outgoing.
* Ability to motivate employees to work as a team to ensure that food and service meet company standards.
* Must possess good communication skills for dealing with diverse staff.
* Keeps General Manager promptly and fully informed of all issues (i.e. problems, unusual matters of significance and positive events) and takes prompt corrective action where necessary or suggests alternative courses of action.
* Completes job responsibilities and performance objectives in a timely and effective manner and in accordance with company policies and procedures.
* At all times provides a favorable image of the Vetri Family of Restaurants.
* Performs other duties and responsibilities as required or requested.
* Hours may vary due to business levels or if emergencies arise (typical work week = 50 hours).
* Position requires prolonged standing, bending, stooping, twisting, lifting products and supplies weighing 45 pounds, and repetitive hand and wrist motion.
* Work with hot, cold, and hazardous equipment
As an URBN employee, your health and well-being are among our highest priorities. We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, vision and dental coverage, a fabulous merchandise discount, an employer-matched 401(k) plan, qualified transportation credit, a generous employee referral program and much more.
Sound like a good fit?
If you are ready to lead and inspire a team of positive, dynamic individuals, please apply online. We look forward to reviewing your unique qualifications.
You can learn more about all URBN brands at
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...