Professional Nurse- Home Health (Munhall, Homestead and Surrounding)
University of Pittsburgh Medical Center
Healthcare - Nursing
6679 Adams Ave
Loading some great jobs for you...
Join UPMC Home Health and provide one-on-one care and teaching with patients and families!
Home health nursing can provide you with an impactful career that also provides opportunities for advancement, access to the most modern equipment and technology, and excellent benefits. Our home health nurses love the flexible daylight hours, one-on-one patient care, independence, focus on patient education, and having the ability to be true patient advocates.
This position is eligible for a generous sign-on bonus! Whether you're a recent Graduate Nurse looking to launch your nursing career, or a seasoned RN seeking a change, now is your moment to find your place at UPMC!
Sign-On Bonus Details (Full Time or Flex Full Time status)
* $10,000 sign-on bonus available for nurses with over two years of experience
* $5,000 sign-on bonus available for Graduate Nurses and nurses with less than two years of experience
* Part Time status positions are also eligible for sign-on bonus at a prorated amount - $5,000 for experienced nurses with over 2 years of experience, and $2,500 for GNs and nurses with less than 2 years of experience
job title and salary will be based upon qualifications and career ladder requirements.
* Coordinates case management activities within a multi-disciplinary health care team to insure appropriate delivery of services to patients
* Attends and participates in patient care conferences, team meetings and other related meetings
* Performs duties and job responsibilities in a fashion which coincides with the service management philosophy of UPMC Home Health Care towards patients, visitors, staff, peers, physicians and other departments within the organization
* Identifies, develops and participates in process improvement opportunities within the home health agency that will enhance the quality of the services we provide.
* Supervises and teaches other nursing personnel including LPNs and Home Health Aides
* Identifies, investigates and recommends solutions to organization issues. Identifies any deficits or exceptional performance issues of other nursing personnel, LPNs and Aides, and recommends solutions
* Initiates, coordinates and evaluates patient and family centered health teaching
* Establishes the plan of care in collaboration with the physician, patient and UM Professional in accordance with the physician orders and patient needs
* Completes documentation including visit assessment, OASIS, 485 and Verbal Orders accurately and promptly on the laptop device or in written documentation while in the patient's home and within the agency's and regulatory standards
* Graduate of an accredited school of professional nursing required
* Bachelor's degree preferred
* UPMC Home Health Care approved certification preferred
* Minimum of 6 months of nursing experience in an Acute Care Facility or Skilled Care Facility
Licensure, Certifications, and Clearances:
UPMC approved national certification preferred. Current Pennsylvania licensure as a Registered Professional Nurse. CPR required based on AHA standards that include both a didactic and skills demonstration component within 30 days of hire
* Act 33 Child Clearance
* Act 34 Criminal Clearance
* Automotive Insurance
* Basic Life Support or Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation
* Driver's License
* Older Adult Protective Services Act
* Registered Nurse
UPMC is an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.