- University of Pittsburgh Medical Center
Customer Service/Call Center
6679 Adams Ave
UPMC Children's Community Pediatrics is hiring a Regular Part-Time Patient Services Representative position to support the Express Care facility in West Mifflin. This position will work evenings and weekends.
A Patient Services Representative is responsible for welcoming patients upon arrival, promoting the usage of new and emerging consumer-friendly technologies, educating patients on their copayments and financial obligations and collecting payments when applicable, scheduling subsequent appointments within the continuum of care, connecting patients to financial advocacy resources when appropriate, updating patient's demographics and insurance coverage information, and promoting an overall culture of service excellence. The Patient Services Representative displays strong customer service skills that ensure that patients and family members have the desired UPMC Experience at UPMC physician practices, hospitals, and outpatient surgery departments.
* Appropriately distribute / triage phone calls to other areas and / or clinical providers
* Assist patients in education of financial responsibility and connect them to advocacy resources as needed
* Assist with administrative duties in the office including but not limited to scanning of medical records and faxing
* Collect copayments and any other applicable patient payments at the point of service
* Confirm and/or update patient registration information at checkout
* Confirm/verify insurance benefits with the appropriate carrier via online verification systems or telephone inquiries
* Guide patient through use of self-arrival technology or check-in patient at desk depending on patient preference
* Help patients navigate the healthcare system by providing clear and understandable instructions. Provides follow-up to unresolved patient questions or needs to ensure the appropriate continuity of care.
* Obtain signature of patient or family member for consent to treatment and financial responsibility following the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) rules and regulations
* Promote MyUPMC patient portal and assist patients in registration when applicable
* Provide a warm greeting for all patients
* Register patients in Biometrics (fingerprint recognition) program and explain benefits
* Schedule follow-up appointments within the practice at checkout
* Schedule or connect patient to resources to schedule for ancillary services at checkout
* Understands the principles of service recovery and is both empowered and responsible for taking appropriate action to recover from service that does not meet the expectation of the UPMC Experience.
* Completion of high school graduate or equivalent is required.
* Experience with personal computer based applications, other various office equipment and proficient typing skills are preferred.
* Two years of experience in a medical / billing / fiscal or customer service function is preferred.
* Knowledge of medical terminology is preferred.
* Prior experience with Medipac, Epic, or other health records systems is preferred.
Licensure, Certifications, and Clearances:
* Act 31 Clearance
* Act 33 Child Clearance with Renewal
* Act 34 Criminal Clearance with Renewal
* Act 73 FBI Clearance
UPMC is an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Associated topics: assistance, client, desktop, network, service, systems administrator, technician i, technician iii, technician iv, technology
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...