The Supervisor of Financial Clearance is responsible for the day to day supervision of staff who perform Financial Clearance functionality. Reporting directly to the Revenue Cycle Manager and working closely with the Supervisor of Billing makes adjustments as necessary for process improvement. The Supervisor of Financial Clearance builds and maintains professional relationships with various internal and external customers to best support department operations. The supervisor provides valuable guidance and training as necessary in order to meet Revenue Cycle benchmarks and expectations. Under direction of the Manager of Revenue Cycle the Supervisor of Financial Clearance plans, organizes monitors and controls a range of operations and activities including but not limited to insurance verification, authorizations, point of service collection and financial counseling referrals.
* Manages staff; interviews, hires, assigns and directs work, appraises staff performance with rewards and discipline, addresses complaints and resolves issues that may arise, and acts as a mentor for department staff.
* Orients, trains, and monitors proficiency of staff; manages daily staff schedules to ensure appropriate coverage; re-assigns staff during peak loads to prevent patient delays
* Monitors staff time and attendance records, including requests for time off; approve payroll ensuring that hours are accurate and resources are within Institute and departmental policies and procedures.
* Collaborates with the Revenue Cycle Manager to establish and adjust performance standards and workloads for staff. Creates and maintains a positive, knowledge-sharing, and collegial work environment. Sets high work and ethical standards by providing mentorship, direction, and support to staff
* Maintains regular communication and follow-up with program and department contacts regarding pending insurance, coverage, and other payment-related matters.
* Works complex and escalated patient issues and accounts
* Performs duties in accordance with Penn Medicine and entity values, policies, and procedures
* Other duties as assigned to support the unit, department, entity, and health system organization
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.