- Ulta Beauty
1103 Market St
The Area Loss Prevention Manager (ALPM) drives shrink improvement and asset protection programs for two (2) to four (4) Districts which contain approximately 25-65 Ulta Beauty Stores. The Area Loss Prevention Manager is responsible to assess store procedures, promote awareness and methods to prevent, protect and control losses and protect company assets and make recommendations to improve inventory shrinkage, safety and overall store controls. The ALPM acts on behalf of the company to prevent, minimize, and/or recover losses when they occur. The ALPM collaborates with all levels of Store Operations, Supply Chain and Corporate associates (i.e. District Managers, General Managers and Regional Vice Presidents) and local Law Enforcement while initiating and conducting internal/external investigations, interviews, training and store audits.
In all we do, we strive to uphold the company's values in which we win together, give wow experiences, improve always, do what's right and, love what we do and own what we do.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
* Educate and train all levels of store management and associates in programs and methods for protecting inventory, cash, equipment and other company assets.
* Investigate evidence of loss using multiple tools and resources and conduct interviews in a timely manner regarding integrity, theft and violation of company policy. Provide Store Management and District Managers with recommendations for resolution and improvement.
* Analyze store exception reporting, inventory reporting, CCTV, incident reporting and other information and trends for further internal and external investigation. Partner with local law enforcement and retail network to drive case resolution.
* Conduct various store audits to assess operational and safety compliance with company policies and procedures. Advise and consult with General Managers on improving results based on store audits. Report audit findings to District Manager and Corporate Loss Prevention.
* Drive and coordinate Shrink Focus Store program with Store Ops Business Partners.
* Partner with District Manager, Regional Vice President (if applicable) and Regional Loss Prevention Manager to coordinate and present information to store operations audience including conference calls and regional and district meetings.
* Conduct in store surveillances using Loss Prevention tools including covert, remote and in-store CCTV to identify and escalate potential internal integrity issues, safety concerns, fines, lost sales and activity that affect the business.
* Identify Loss Prevention equipment issues at store level. Install and maintain protective equipment as needed.
* Investigate external incidents (i.e. burglary, ORC activity and robbery) and develops action plans for the implementation of preventative measures that will reduce the frequency of the events.
* High School Diploma or equivalent; Bachelor's degree preferred
* Wicklander-Zulawski Interviewing Certificate and CFI (Certified Forensic Interviewer) a plus.
* Minimum three (3) years' experience in Loss Prevention and in a retail environment; multi-store experience is preferred
* Strong business relationship skills
* Exceptional written, verbal, electronic communication and presentation skills
* High level of confidentiality and superior organization skills with attention to detail
* Solid analytical skills; able to identify trends to help drive sales, business plans and support operational initiatives that directly correlate with shrink
* Must be comfortable working in an independent manner, able to multi-task, be flexible with change and prioritize to the needs of the business
* Ability to make appropriate decisions in complex and stressful situations
* Ability to travel locally and overnight as needed
* Good working knowledge of current technology and its application to the role (EAS, Burglar Alarms, CCTV, Kronos, case management software, exception based reporting etc.)
* Flexible schedule that meets the needs of the business (schedule may include evenings, weekends and holidays)
* In-town and out-of-town travel within designated market; some overnight travel
* Responds to store based emergencies
* Physical demands include periodic ladder climbing, minor equipment repairs, installation of covert cameras or relocation and lifting up to 50 pounds in a retail store environment
* Home based office* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...