- Ukpeagvik Inupiat Corporation
Customer Service/Call Center
1103 Market St
HELP DESK SUPPORT SERVICE SPECIALIST (CBP-19-1213-W):
Bowhead is seeking Senior Help Desk Support Service Specialists in Philadelphia, PA to join our team in supporting IT deployment and infrastructure. The Help Desk Support Service Specialists provide second-tier support to end users of PCs, servers and mainframe applications and hardware. The Help Desk Support Service Specialists will interactive with network services, software systems engineering and applications development to restore service and to assist in identifying and correcting core problems as needed. The Help Desk Support Service Specialists will recreate user problems to help resolve operating difficulties and may be called upon to recommend system modifications to alleviate user problems. These individuals must have the highest level of technical skill in Help Desk Support.
These positions are located in various locations within the North East Region and may require local travel within that region.
Bowhead is seeking to network with qualified individuals relative to this potential opportunity, which is contingent upon award and not currently funded. Please click the link at the bottom of this posting to apply for consideration. Incumbent employees are encouraged to respond. No solicitations or third party applications will be accepted.
Requirements ? A BA/S from an accredited institution is highly desired in addition to at least three (3+) years of Help Desk Support experience in a professional environment.
* Computer certifications (for example a Sec+, Network+, A+) are highly sought but specific requirements are yet to be determined.
* This position does require a Customs and Border Patrol (CBP) clearance but applicants with an active Top Secret (TS) clearance will be considered.
* Intermediate to advanced level skills in Microsoft Office software suite - Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint.
* Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of employees and outside contacts. To receive and respond to instructions/assignments, must be able to read, write and speak English.
* Strong interpersonal skills and good judgment with the ability to work alone or as part of a team.
SECURITY CLEARANCE REQUIRED: Must currently hold a security clearance at the Top Secret level. US Citizenship is a requirement for Top Secret clearance at this location. Qualified candidates must be able to obtain a Customs and Border Patrol (CBP) clearance.
Applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug & alcohol screening and/or random drug screen, and must follow UIC's Non-DOT Drug & Alcohol Testing Program requirements. If the position requires, an applicant must pass a pre-employment criminal background history check. All post-secondary education listed on the applicant's resume/application may be subject to verification.
Where driving may be required or where a rental car must be obtained for business travel purposes, applicants must have a valid driver license for this position and will be subject to verification. In addition, the applicant must pass an in-house, online, driving course to be authorized to drive for company purposes.
UIC is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics EOE/AA/M/F/D/V. In furtherance, pursuant to The Alaska Native Claims Settlement Act 43 U.S.C. Sec. 1601 et seq., and federal contractual requirements, UIC and its subsidiaries may legally grant certain preference in employment opportunities to UIC Shareholders and their Descendants, based on the provisions contained within The Alaska Native Claims Settlement Act.
All candidates must apply online at www.uicalaska.com, and submit a completed application for all positions they wish to be considered. Once the employment application has been completed and submitted, any changes to the application after submission may not be reviewed. Please contact a UIC HR Recruiter if you have made a significant change to your application. In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA), persons unable to complete an online application should contact UIC Human Resources for assistance (
UIC Government Services (UICGS / Bowhead) provides innovative business solutions to federal and commercial customers in the areas of engineering, maintenance services, information technology, program support, logistics/base support, and procurement. Collectively, the fast-growing Bowhead Family of Companies offers a breadth of services which are performed with a focus on quality results. Headquartered in Springfield, VA, we are a fast-growing, multi-million-dollar corporation recognized as one of the top 25 8(a) companies for government contracting.
^ Cut/Paste this Link to Apply:
* Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
* Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.
* The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Apply Online Send This Job to a Friend
? Ultimate Software
Associated topics: assist, assistance, client, desktop, help desk, patient, support analyst, technical, technical support, technology
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...