- Transystems LLC
- $81,895.00 -131,500.00/year*
1103 Market St
Req ID: 15583
Plans, designs and directs components of freight railroad; passenger rail and transit; states and municipalities; airports and air carriers; manufacturers and distributors; ports and maritime; trucking and automotive; energy and communication; and federal government projects.
General Duties & Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
* Prepares or preferably directs; 1) preparation and modification of reports, specifications, plans, construction schedules, environmental impact studies, and designs for difficult projects. 2) Construction management tasks.
* Plans and develops engineering projects concerned with unique or controversial problems. This involves exploration of subject area, definition of scope and selection of problems for investigation, and development of novel concepts and approaches.
* Organizes and develops project team to execute specific phases or aspects of project such as technical studies, project design, preparation of specifications and technical plans, and project inspection. Must be able to delegate.
* Reviews project design for general compliance with engineering principles, company standards, and customer contract requirements, and related specifications.
* Coordinates activities concerned with technical developments, scheduling, and manpower, resolving engineering design problems.
* Evaluates and approves design changes, specifications, and drawing releases.
* Shows understanding of team management, develops project scope of work, estimating manpower needs, prepare CPM schedules, and tracks project progress.
* Assures that the project is completed within the allocated period of time and within the budget that has been assigned.
* Maintains liaison with individuals and units within or outside his organization with responsibility for acting independently on technical matters pertaining to the field.
* Develop and present proposals to clients.
* Directs the inspection of construction site to monitor progress and ensure general conformance to engineering plans, specifications, and construction and safety standards.
* Plans and executes project meeting. May negotiate a difficult project issue with the client, such as scope changes or schedule acceleration.
* Assures the project meets quality control and quality assurance guidelines.
* Interprets changes in the contract and advises management on needed changes.
* May set up and perform a client marketing meeting.
* Maintain professional, technical, and supervisory skills by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
Supervisory Responsibilities ? May have supervisory responsibilities if a Group Leader or Team Leader.
Qualifications ? To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative, of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education/Experience ? Bachelor's degree in Structural engineering field and 10-15 years of design experience with exposure to a variety of engineering projects and a good understanding of project management concepts.
Computer Skills - Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Office, and various engineering software systems depending on engineering discipline: AutoCAD; MicroStation/GeoPak; Penn DOT bridge design software (BAR7, GTSTRUDL, and LARSA).
Certificates and Licenses ? Registration as a licensed Professional Engineer. Penn DOT Certified Bridge Safety Inspector a plus, but not required.
Work Environment - The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions, depending on field assignments.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts and outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate, however, construction and field assignments can be severe (i.e. Airport noise, inside factories, construction equipment, jack hammers, etc).
Physical Demands - The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions, depending on field assignments.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and use hand and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and telephone keyboard. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, talk or hear, and drive a car. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include ability to adjust focus.
* Analytical ? Applies knowledge of engineering principals and practices in area of assignments and related fields; Requires the use of advanced techniques and practices of the engineering field and related sciences and disciplines.
* Problem Solving ? Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Uses computer to solve engineering problems and improve the project team's design process. Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Works well in group problem solving situations.
* Project Management ? Develops project plans; Coordinates projects; Communicates changes and progress; Completes projects on time and budget; Manages project team activities.
* Client Service - Responds promptly to client needs; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
* Communication - Listens and gets clarification; Participates in meetings; Writes clearly and informatively; Able to read and interpret written information.
* Team Work - Balances team and individual responsibilities; gives and welcomes feedback; contributes to building a positive team spirit.
* Leadership ? Exhibits confidence in self and others; Inspires and motivates others to perform well; Inspires respect and trust; Accepts feedback from others; Provides vision and inspiration to peers and subordinates; Gives appropriate recognition to others; Mobilizes others to fulfill the vision.
* Cost Consciousness - Works within approved budget.
* Adaptability - Manages competing demands; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
* Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
Travel requirements: Up to 10%
TranSystems Corporation - Transportation Infrastructure and Facilities - that's our focus. From infrastructure and facility design to computer simulation and economic impact analysis to finding alternative financing solutions for transportation projects - we do it. Our transportation specialists, located in offices across the nation, are unparalleled in the knowledge of the movement of freight and people, and unmatched in technical and managerial services. We provide full-scale professional services to both public and private sector transportation clients. Plans, designs and directs components of freight railroad; passenger rail and transit; states and municipalities; airports and air carriers; manufacturers and distributors; ports and maritime; trucking and automotive; energy and communication; and federal government projects
TranSystems is an equal opportunity / affirmative action employer and ensures nondiscrimination and equal employment opportunity in all programs and activities in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, pregnancy status, marital status, sexual orientation, genetic information, citizenship status, disability, protected Veteran status or any other status protected by law. In compliance with the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986, we will hire only U.S. citizens and aliens lawfully authorized to work in the United States (if the position is or will be one which is subject to U.S. law).
Associated topics: building process, construction, design engineer, design, designer, development, structural, technical, transportation, water resource
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...