Job ID :
Canada - Calgary-Canada - Montreal-Canada - Toronto-Canada - Vancouver-US - California - Carlsbad-US - California - Los Angeles-US - California - San Francisco-US - California - South San Francisco-US - Colorado - Denver-US - Georgia - Atlanta-US - Illinois - Chicago-US - Massachusetts - Boston-US - New Jersey - Somerset-US - New York - New York City-US - Pennsylvania - Philadelphia-US - Texas - Dallas-US - Texas - Houston-US - Washington - Seattle-US - Washington D.C. - Washington D.C.
Job Title: Business Manager
Effective Date /
Last Modification Date: June 2018
The Business Manager is primarily responsible for effective and efficient commercial management of established and new API projects/products being run at small molecule API facilitities (mainly in the US). This involves building strong client relationships in order to sell repeat business and negotiate beneficial long term contracts. In addition, an API Business Manager is actively involved in the new business sales process by acting as a liaison between the API site Operations team and the Business Development Executives (BDE) team during the screening and quoting process to ensure that the most effective proposal is generated to meet the client need. The Business Manager is also responsible for selling scope changes.
The scope of the position covers five major areas:
Commercial Management of Established API Business New Business Development including the involvement during the selling process Relationship Management of Established API Business Project Overview of new and existing business (Project Steering & Execution is led by the respective Project Manager) Internal Reporting and following Policies
The Business Manager's objectives are to maximize client satisfaction and to ensure that Patheon API business unit revenue, EBITA and cash flow targets are achieved.
Commercial Management of Established API Business
* Understands the requirements of clients (e.g. via joining regular project execution calls) and communicates them internally so that the best solution can be found, Hosts client visits.
* Formulates and finalizes the quotation for repeat business.
* Works with the legal department to execute and implement long-term supply agreements, ensuring that the business framework (commercial terms, forecasting and order horizon, communications, etc.) is optimized.
* Compiles strategic business plans / cases for established products to support internal decision making, including action lists to manage product life-cycle.
* Provides regular revenue forecast updates to trigger internal development and manufacturing processes
New Business Development
* Collaborates with the Business Development Executives in order to identify and close new business.
* Keeps strong focus und precise scoping for proposals with client and BDE. Provides chemical and technical expertise to client discussions.
* Supports the internal costing process, writes new business proposals, joins client telecons and meetings, as needed.
* Hosts client visits.
* Supports Pipeline and Portfolio Management with respective input.
Relationship Management of Established API Business
* Ensures development and management of the business relationship with established accounts, through understanding the client's organization and business needs, identifying the decision structure related to API supply and third party manufacturing.
* Supports BDE's in building relationship with new accounts.
* Works closely together with the respective Project Manager and Project Team including Quality and GM to steer individual customer projects, meet timelines and contractual obligations and sell scope changes.
* Steers the resolution of significant issues with the client related to client complaints, disputes, costing, quality (product deviations and rejections), manufacturing (production, deliveries) and invoices.
* Is involved in project execution depending on challenges in the project.
* Ensures invoices are issued and paid on time.
* Hosts client visits together with Project Management.
* Maintains accurate and up to date demand and revenue forecast for own product portfolio.
* Works closely with clients and Strategic Business Intelligence to align forecasting between market information and client information. Provide input for Strategic Business Revue Meetings and other reports as required.
* Provides relevant documentation on proposals, contracts etc. and follows the internal Business Management Policy.
* Significant impact on revenue and EBITDA forecasting
* Networks with key contacts mainly inside own area of expertise
* Normally receives little instruction on day to day work and typically only general instructions on new assignments.
* University Degree (Chemistry with business knowledge or Business plus chemical-technical background).
* 5 years of previous related experience in project management, account management, sales or marketing with internal or external client-facing responsibilities.
* API Pharmaceutical or Contract Manufacturing industry experience preferred.
* Equivalent combinations of education, training, and relevant work experience may be considered.
* Analytical skills, selling skills, Business-oriented, Service and Client-oriented.
* Deep knowledge of the pharma business, industry and manufacturing processes.
* Strong knowledge of GMP and other regulations related to pharmaceutical products.
* Excellent relationships skills at all levels and Experience in customer and internal relationship.
* Profound communication and negotiation skills.
* Excellent English language skills and international mobility.
* Cultural sensitivity.
* Passion for the business.
* Result oriented.
* Resilient, extensive travel requirement.
* Ability to travel
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to the principle of diversity and is particularly interested in receiving applications from a broad spectrum of people. Accommodations for job applicants with disabilities are available upon request.
Associated topics: bacteria, biomedical, diet, disease, drug discovery, immunohematology, medical, metabolism, physiology, toxicologist
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...