Director, Business Man. Viral Vector Services (East Coast)
Compensation: $192,290.00 - $192,290.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Executive Management
Job ID :
US - Massachusetts - Boston-US - Massachusetts - Waltham-US - New Jersey - Parsippany-US - New York - New York City-US - Pennsylvania - Philadelphia
When you're part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you'll do important work, and you'll be valued and recognized for your performance. With talented managers and inspiring coworkers to support you, you'll find the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
Location/Division Specific Information
East Coast (MA is preferred)/ Pharma Services Group
Director, Business Management Viral Vector Services (VVS)
The Director, Business Management is a solution provider to Viral Vector Services (VVS) customers, ensuring value creation and customer expectations are balanced to provide an exceptional customer experience while ensuring Thermo Fisher's business needs are optimized. The Director, Business Management leads the overall portfolio management strategy to ensure clear revenue and profitability targets are established and plans to achieve through organic and inorganic growth streams are established.
How will you make an impact?
* Leading the team of Business Managers responsible for the business relationship across Viral Vector Services, ensuring that they serve as leaders in the business activities representing the client interests, while maximizing the financial health of the business.
* Ensuring consistency in customer experience across both business and project management relative to process and tools, providing a \"one company\" feel across Pharma Services.
* Leading Business Management talent strategy to support VVS growth strategy, setting scalable structure and ensuring top talent is acquired and developed
What will you do?
Customer Relationship Management
* Responsible for the business relationship strategy, understanding the customer's business structure, strategy and matching their needs to Thermo Fisher's capabilities to enable organic growth.
* Ensures the company and the customer are executing business in compliance with contractual agreements.
* Resolves issues, leveraging the Customer Experience Management program tools when appropriate, ensuring the escalation is appropriately managed with action plans and within the timing committed to the customer and required by the business.
* Drives customer experience improvements leveraging customer feedback and relationship interactions.
* Reviews and actions base business portfolio to ensure optimized mix and maximized share of wallet. Works to identify organic opportunities to drive changes of scope, project expansions.
* Manages large commercial opportunities and coaches Business Managers to ensure effective management and support of all new opportunities.
* Manages customer demand, understanding and loading the demand into the S&OP process, leveraging relationship, business intelligence, and analytics
* Understands and contributes to VVS business strategy and ensures new business opportunities are aligned.
* Responsible for setting pricing, supporting in partnership with commercial team generation of cost and pricing standards. Ensures the accuracy of overall cost of a new or existing
* Negotiates complex Master Supply Agreements with customers, while ensuring that all MSA requirements are executed, including pricing, payment terms, renewals, yield reconciliations, etc. and delivered to the clients
* Leads technical project management function to deliver customer programs on time, ensures project governance process, resolves issues with project execution, and reports on status of project health
* Develops and authorize the implementation of improvements or new processes and leverages tools to provide a consistent customer experience and mitigate risks.
Relationship with other Functions
* Works closely with General Managers to identify and prioritize commercial opportunities and drive results
* Partners with Sales, PPI, HR, Legal, Contracts, leadership teams. and other applicable functions to deliver on responsibilities described herein.
Financial and Forecast Management
* Provides input in the annual operating plan, ongoing revenue forecasts, and in strategic planning process
* Leads project management services revenues commitments, ensuring line of sight to deliver, actioning where gaps to plan exist, and accurately forecasting revenues related to projects.
* Partners with finance to implement a sustainable and effective revenue forecasting process
* Escalates and resolves issues related to achieving cash flow targets, A/R, excess and obsolete inventory
Talent and Team Management
* Drives the talent strategy for VVS business management, considering the growth strategy, and ensuring structure and team are scalable to meet the needs of the business.
* Attracts, engages, coaches, enables, and retains exceptional performance within the Business Management Team with a focus on meaningful development opportunities/plans
How will you get here?
* Degree in Science, Finance and/or Business required or other related technical degree, MBA preferred.
* 10+ years of related experience in the Pharmaceutical or related industry, including experience in operations, program management or commercial.
* Demonstrated people leadership experience
* Demonstrated contract negotiations experience with significant and complex scope
* Demonstrated experience managing complex projects in a matrix structure
* Demonstrated business acumen with a track record of sound judgment and good decision making
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
* Ability to build strong relationships and influence internal functions, leaders and customers
* Ability to lead a team by driving accountability, performance and engagement
* Ability to dig into details, quickly get to the essence, and bring people together to resolve them
* Ability to develop and implement processes and systems in a dynamic environment.
* Strong financial (P&L) and analytical business acumen
* Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills in English
* Entrepreneurship mindset with agility in order to overcome obstacles, focus on action, and implementation
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 70,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission-enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
If you are an individual with a disability who requires reasonable accommodation to complete any part of our application process, click here for further assistance.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Associated topics: cmo, fundraise, government, major gift, marketing, media, newspaper, principle gift, public relations, regulatory
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...