The New York County District Attorney's Office (DANY) has two (2) openings for an Open Cases Associate in its Case Management Services Unit. In this position, the Associate is responsible for providing time sensitive clerical support to DANY's Trial Bureaus and Case Management Services Unit.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* Assist in maintaining criminal court calendar for office.
* Identify and notate hearing and trial status.
* Review, update and file all future case documents.
* Prepare and maintain routine court related reports.
* Work with Assistant District Attorneys to ensure timely submission and returns of court notes.
* Perform clerical and related tasks within the court and unit.
* Check documents for accuracy of information and conformity with established policy.
* Perform related tasks as assigned by supervisor.
* Previous clerical experience preferred.
* Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and Access.
* Ability to work with frequent interruptions and adapt to changes in workflow.
* Ability to follow directions and apply proper policies, procedures and guidelines.
* Strong attention to detail and high concern for data accuracy.
* Must be able to perform under pressure in a fast-paced environment; detail oriented and self-motivated and able to multi-task.
* Ability to interact with all levels of staff, law enforcement representatives and outside visitors.
* HS Diploma required.
* Associate's Degree or some college preferred.
* One (1) year commitment to hiring bureau.
The New York County District Attorney's Office is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Associated topics: court, compliance, felony, imprisonment, judiciary, juris, legal, legislative, ligitation, misdemeanor
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...