The Motley Fool's mission is \"To make the world smarter, happier, and richer.\" For more than 25 years, that has meant providing impartial and informed investment recommendations with a healthy dose of personal finance guidance on the side. Ever the insatiable Fools that we are, our coverage continues to expand as we seek to empower everyone with the knowledge, tools, and confidence to attain financial freedom.
Does our name sound familiar? Probably. We've been spreading the word to millions of readers each month by publishing hundreds of articles each week at our award-winning Fool.com site. You know us as your one-stop shop for analyzing the latest earnings reports and finding your portfolio's next home run stock.
But you may not know that The Motley Fool has launched several new brands to deliver that same high caliber, credible content in areas where misinformation runs rampant and the Fool voice can make a difference. In addition to helping you become an all-star stock market investor, we can also help you:
* Identify the top providers to find the right credit card, consolidate your student loan debt and open your first brokerage account (The Ascent and MyWalletHero)
* Cut through the jargon and guide your first foray into commercial real estate investments (Millionacres)
* Identify the software tools and solutions that will effectively grow your small to medium sized business (The Blueprint)
* Find the best pho restaurant within a 50 mile radius (we can dream, right?)
These four new Motley Fool brands take high quality, engaging content just as seriously as their Fool.com counterpart, so each team is seeking a qualified SEO Content Specialist to uphold that high bar and introduce their respective sites to millions of new readers. As your brand develops, you will be expected to grow with it and be a driving force in that change. You'll be managing and curating our content, while optimizing for organic search, on-site engagement, and partner distribution. Not only will you be expected to learn which topics are most relevant for our target audience, but you will then use that knowledge to publish to the highest value opportunities for our business and constantly monitor performance to inform our overall strategy. The Motley Fool is a well-established brand, and you are a key player in building these new brands into something equally as significant. Do you see the opportunity lying in front of us? Are you ready to get started?
* Plan new content verticals and optimize content strategy for increased organic visibility.
* Work with editorial team to research and assign key content to our team of writers, optimizing for potential organic presence.
* Map out site architecture and content URLs for new and existing verticals to ensure optimal search visibility and user experience.
* Perform keyword research, grow our targeted keyword portfolio, plan new vertical content, and assign content to writers through editorial workflow.
* Conduct competitor analysis to identify gaps in our content coverage and areas of opportunity.
* Ensure that our content meets regulatory guidelines and keeps us compliant with our partners, regulators, and our internal legal and compliance teams.
* Collaborate with various disciplines (content, social media, tech, business intelligence, etc.) to implement SEO strategies.
* Monitor daily performance of site rankings with a focus on increasing and defending our rankings.
* Make recommendations and work with developers to implement site architecture and design improvements with the goal of improved search visibility, page speed, and mobile-friendliness.
* Audit our internal linking on an ongoing basis to improve the search visibility for our highest value pages.
* Maintain up-to-date knowledge of SEO in line with industry trends, creatively keeping us a step ahead of our competitors.
* 2+ years of experience in SEO (content marketing also a plus!)
* Passionate about SEO and proactive in staying up-to-date on all the latest trends and best practices.
* Exceptional organizational and project management skills.
* Experience working with large brands driving outcomes for highly trafficked websites.
* A self-starter who learns quickly and is willing and eager to adapt as the business does.
* Relentless pursuit of self-improvement.
* Passionate about data-driven problem-solving.
* Previous personal finance, real estate investing, SMB owner/entrepreneur, or international SEO experience/knowledge is a huge plus.
* Candidate must \"get\" Foolishness, have a sense of humor, and work well in a collaborative environment.
* Experience with industry tools (We're super users of Google Analytics, Google Search Console, SEMRush, Moz, DeepCrawl, Ahrefs)
* Positions are located in: Alexandria, VA; Lakewood, CO; and Philadelphia, PA. Let's talk about your experience and match your SEO skillz to the right team!