- Temple University
- $84,555.00 -171,150.00/year*
Education - Post Secondary
1103 Market St
The Laboratory Assistant in the Lewis Katz School of Cardiovascular Department. The Laboratory Assistant will be assisting with daily animal care, including but not limited to, measuring temperatures, administering experimental and therapeutic substances; evaluating clinical status, performing minimally invasive clinical procedures, as well as maintenance of medical records; assisting in open-chest surgeries using proper aseptic technique, as well as maintaining and monitoring surgical anesthesia; assessing cardiac function via hemodynamic measurement and echocardiography; performing in vitro assays, including qRT-PCR, western blot, and cell culture, as well as relevant statistical analyses; maintaining laboratory equipment and research supplies. Performs other duties as assigned.
Required Education and Experience:
At least one year of related lab experience. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
Required Skills and Abilities:
* Demonstrated ability to keep accurate records of research performed to NIH standards.
* Demonstrated ability to perform molecular biology techniques including cloning and PCR.
* Demonstrated ability to operate standard office equipment and software including MS Office Suite.
* Demonstrated ability to work with mice in a research setting.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
* Excellent interpersonal skills, along with the ability to interact with a diverse population of students, faculty, and staff.
* BS degree in biology or relevant scientific majors.
This is a grant funded position
Temple University values diversity and is committed to equal opportunity for all persons regardless of age, color, disability, ethnicity, marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other status protected by law.
Compliance Statement: In the performance of their functions as detailed in the position description employees have an obligation to avoid ethical, legal, financial and other conflicts of interest to ensure that their actions and outside activities do not conflict with their primary employment responsibilities at the institution. Employees are also expected to understand and be in compliance with applicable laws, University and. employment policies and regulations, including NCAA regulations for areas and departments which their essential functions cause them to interact.
To obtain additional information about Temple University please visit our website at www.temple.edu.
Temple University's Annual Security and Fire Safety Report contains statistics, policies, and procedures related to campus safety and can be found at:
You may request a copy of the report by calling Temple University's Campus Safety Services at 215-###-####.
Associated topics: addict, bioethics, biomedical, clinical, diabetes, dietician, genetic, instructor md, kinesiology, respiratory
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...