- Temple University
1103 Market St
The Grant Analyst, under limited guidance from the Financial Manager of Research Administration, applies technical knowledge of rules and regulations governing sponsored agreements as well as generally accepted accounting principles to evaluate issues and manage Temple University's federal, state, local and privately sponsored agreements.
Responsibilities include: working with principal investigators and research administrators to effectively manage externally sponsored agreements and ensure accurate and timely processing of financial data; setting up, maintaining and closing out sponsored awards; inputting approved budgets into the Banner Finance system and making any necessary budget revisions during the life of the award; reviewing the Effort Reporting System (ERS) to determine if salaries are being appropriately charged to awards; identifying variances and investigating issues of the cost appropriateness of allocations; developing and running queries in performing analysis on sponsored awards and generating financial reports; completing periodic and accurate financial reporting and reconciliation; reviewing and managing billing for assigned sponsored awards and when applicable, preparing invoices with appropriate documentation as required by sponsoring agency; and training and/or assisting with the training of University personnel. Performs other duties as assigned.
Required Education and Experience:
Bachelor's degree and at least two years' related finance/accounting experience. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
Required Skills and Abilities:
* Demonstrated ability to utilize online financial systems.
* Demonstrated computer skills, and advanced proficiency with MS Office Suite, including advanced spreadsheet and database software skills.
* Demonstrated analytical skills, and ability to work with large financial data sets.
* Excellent communication, customer service and interpersonal skills, along with the ability to interact with a diverse constituent population.
* Demonstrated organizational and prioritization skills, along with the ability to be task- and detail-oriented.
* Strong understanding of Sponsored Projects and Research Administration.
* This position requires a background check
Temple University values diversity and is committed to equal opportunity for all persons regardless of age, color, disability, ethnicity, marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other status protected by law.
Compliance Statement: In the performance of their functions as detailed in the position description employees have an obligation to avoid ethical, legal, financial and other conflicts of interest to ensure that their actions and outside activities do not conflict with their primary employment responsibilities at the institution. Employees are also expected to understand and be in compliance with applicable laws, University and. employment policies and regulations, including NCAA regulations for areas and departments which their essential functions cause them to interact.
To obtain additional information about Temple University please visit our website at www.temple.edu.
Temple University's Annual Security and Fire Safety Report contains statistics, policies, and procedures related to campus safety and can be found at:
You may request a copy of the report by calling Temple University's Campus Safety Services at 215-###-####.
Associated topics: fund, funding, grant, grant administration, grant administrator, grant management, proposal
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...