- Temple University
- $123,960.00 -52,610.00/year*
Healthcare - Dental Care
1103 Market St
The Temple University School of Dentistry is searching for a full time Dental Assistant to split time between our Pediatric, Oral Surgery and Sedation clinics, but could be used in other departments within the school as needed. The Dental Assistant II will provide chair side assistance to the students, residents and faculty in the treatment of dental patients in the School. Primary responsibilities will be to chairside assist dental faculty, students, or residents in the Sedation Center, Oral Surgery and Pediatrics Department; to coordinate scheduling of patient appointments; sterilize and maintain equipment and instruments; run appropriate tests to monitor their function; maintain logs for equipment maintenance and safety required by the University, School, and Department for Infection Control; maintain and disinfect operatories between and after patient visits; place patient records in their appropriate locations; expose and upload x-rays in Axium; monitor and order supplies; and pour and trim dental impressions. Performs other duties as assigned.
Required Education & Experience:
At least 6 months experience as a Dental Assistant including experience working with pediatric patients. Dental Assisting training and certificate from an accredited school. Dental Radiology Certification from the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. CPR Certification. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
Preferred: Previous experience working with pediatric full mouth rehabilitation under General Anesthesia and sedation patients.
An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
Required Skills & Abilities:
* Ability to obtain Child Abuse Clearances.
* Familiarity with diagnosis codes and procedure codes.
* Demonstrated ability to provide chair-side assistance that requires manual dexterity.
* Ability to utilize dental instruments, sterilizer, operatory equipment, infection control equipment and dental x-ray equipment.
* Demonstrated good communication and interpersonal skills with faculty, students, community members and the ability to communicate to a diverse population.
* Demonstrated knowledge of dental terminology, procedures and diagnosis.
* Demonstrated ability to operate all standard dental instruments.
* Demonstrated ability to prioritize projects and tasks and to respond to multiple requests.
* Demonstrated ability to work with potential pathogens during dental assisting and sterilization procedures.
This position requires a background check
Temple University values diversity and is committed to equal opportunity for all persons regardless of age, color, disability, ethnicity, marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other status protected by law.
Compliance Statement: In the performance of their functions as detailed in the position description employees have an obligation to avoid ethical, legal, financial and other conflicts of interest to ensure that their actions and outside activities do not conflict with their primary employment responsibilities at the institution. Employees are also expected to understand and be in compliance with applicable laws, University and. employment policies and regulations, including NCAA regulations for areas and departments which their essential functions cause them to interact.
To obtain additional information about Temple University please visit our website at www.temple.edu.
Temple University's Annual Security and Fire Safety Report contains statistics, policies, and procedures related to campus safety and can be found at:
You may request a copy of the report by calling Temple University's Campus Safety Services at 215-###-####.
Associated topics: assistant, bilingual, certified dental assistant, clinical, clinical assistant, dental assistant, efda, oxide, steps, x ray
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...