- Temple University
- $40,570.00 -67,720.00/year*
Education - Post Secondary
1103 Market St
The Center for Professional Development in Career and Technical Education in the College of Education is a grant funded program charged with delivering field-based teacher education programming in a specialized setting. The Certification Advisor will be responsible for providing excellent customer service, coordinating all aspects of Voc I and Voc II certification advising at the graduate and undergraduate levels; including, but not limited to course registration, student advising, systems oversight and reporting. This position will also perform other duties associated with ensuring accurate submission of student clearances, accurate and updated student documentation in Temple's systems, tracking students' course completions, stop-outs and certifications. The Advisor will report directly to the Director of Curriculum and Vocational Certification. Performs other duties as assigned.
Required Education & Experience:
Master's Degree in Education or workforce related field, and at least 2 years of experience working with diverse stakeholders, regional partners, career and technical education teachers required. At least two years advising experience in higher education. Equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
Required Skills & Abilities:
* Proven track record of strong customer service and student advising
* Proven track record of working with complex systems and databases
* Ability to manage federally funded grants that serve large pool of diverse clients and regions
* Ability to evaluate processes and implement strategies for improvement
* Strong customer service skills
* Ability to analyze data and make recommendations
* Strong public speaking, presentation, written and communication skills.
* Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Access, Excel and PowerPoint.
* Ability to market program using social media/web platforms
* Ability to work in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
* Ability to respond to requests from Center, College, and PDE in a timely manner
* Prior experience working in higher education and/or state-wide bureaucracies
* Familiarity with career and technical education landscape
This is a grant funded position.
This position requires a background check.
Temple University values diversity and is committed to equal opportunity for all persons regardless of age, color, disability, ethnicity, marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other status protected by law.
Compliance Statement: In the performance of their functions as detailed in the position description employees have an obligation to avoid ethical, legal, financial and other conflicts of interest to ensure that their actions and outside activities do not conflict with their primary employment responsibilities at the institution. Employees are also expected to understand and be in compliance with applicable laws, University and. employment policies and regulations, including NCAA regulations for areas and departments which their essential functions cause them to interact.
To obtain additional information about Temple University please visit our website at www.temple.edu.
Temple University's Annual Security and Fire Safety Report contains statistics, policies, and procedures related to campus safety and can be found at:
You may request a copy of the report by calling Temple University's Campus Safety Services at 215-###-####.
Associated topics: admission counselor, affair, assistant registrar, public safety, recruit, registrar specialist, registration, safety officer ii, safety officer iii, student affairs coordinator
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...