- Temple University
- $105,360.00 -158,170.00/year*
1103 Market St
In service of the Fox School of Business and STHM, the Assistant Director of the Annual Fund contributes to strategy development and implements and manages the goals for the Fox/STHM Annual Fund. This includes department, program, institute and center level segmentation; communication; and solicitation and stewardship in collaboration with central Institutional Advancement, Fox Marketing and Communications, a third-party vendor and Fox/STHM annual planning professionals. This individual creates and executes a comprehensive and innovative suite of services built into a strategy designed to increase giving and participation in both Fox and STHM.
The Assistant Director identifies, engages, and solicits Annual Fund donors and prospects; works with Stewardship to design and implement stewardship strategies around giving at the annual level; and assists with crafting Annual Fund marketing messages and overseeing the production and execution of mailings with third-party vendor. The incumbent will assist in execution of annual faculty/staff/student campaigns and will track results of solicitations, compiling data and assisting with analysis.
This position requires an understanding of Annual Giving and developing targeted segmentation to increase giving and participation numbers. The Assistant Director will develop data driven giving programs within defined constituencies and collect data/prepare reports on outreach activity and results to refine strategies. Performs other duties as assigned.
Required Education & Experience:
Bachelor's degree and a minimum of 3 years of related experience that includes alumni relations, annual giving programs, or a related field. A combinations of education and experience may be considered.
Required Skills & Abilities:
* Demonstrated strong presentation, written/verbal communication skills, strong organizational and time management skills
* Demonstrated interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively work with diverse populations and within multiple teams
* Strong focus on customer service with the ability to independently anticipate/identify challenges and propose or take decisive action to address them
* Results-oriented focus with willingness to go above and beyond to achieve the required goals
* Proven ability to work equally well, both independently and collaboratively, to deliver effective Annual Giving programs
* Ability to use independent judgment and to perform tasks on own initiative, many of which have no precedent
* Ability to successfully manage complex projects, often simultaneously, as well as plan and execute smaller initiatives
* Familiarity with and ability to research, utilize and master emerging tools and trends in the field of Annual Giving
* Ability to evaluate, develop, and edit solicitation correspondence and related materials
* Computer proficiency in Microsoft office and database experience
* Experience working with both undergraduate and graduate-level students/alumni
* Experience with focus groups and survey management/analysis
* Creative approach to designing/delivering Annual Giving strategies while striving to continuously improve processes and quality
* Experience with managing limited budgets
This position requires a background check.
Temple University values diversity and is committed to equal opportunity for all persons regardless of age, color, disability, ethnicity, marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other status protected by law.
Compliance Statement: In the performance of their functions as detailed in the position description employees have an obligation to avoid ethical, legal, financial and other conflicts of interest to ensure that their actions and outside activities do not conflict with their primary employment responsibilities at the institution. Employees are also expected to understand and be in compliance with applicable laws, University and. employment policies and regulations, including NCAA regulations for areas and departments which their essential functions cause them to interact.
To obtain additional information about Temple University please visit our website at www.temple.edu.
Temple University's Annual Security and Fire Safety Report contains statistics, policies, and procedures related to campus safety and can be found at:
You may request a copy of the report by calling Temple University's Campus Safety Services at 215-###-####.
Associated topics: assistant, asso, beverage, chief operations officer, document, facilities, front office, operational assistant, operational support, operations director
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...