The Associate Director of Leadership Giving is responsible for executing elements of the Temple Health Institutional Advancement (THIA) annual giving strategic plan, enhancing support for campaigns, events, and activities that sustain fundraising success to include the Lewis Katz School of Medicine at Temple University and Temple Health.
Reporting to the Senior Director, Annual Giving, the Associate Director will play a key role in increasing restricted and unrestricted revenues for Temple Health Institutional Advancement. Responsible for identifying, cultivating, soliciting, and stewarding mid-level prospects and donors, this position will participate in development of a robust mid-level giving pipeline and support its growth and success. The Associate Director will create and promote current annual giving initiatives to inspire giving, and support the reporting and evaluation of annual giving campaign performance to ensure goals are being met. The incumbent will cultivate, meet, and solicit leadership annual giving prospects and take appropriate action to move them up pipeline. Responsibilities include: engaging in identifying, cultivating, and soliciting prospects on behalf of the School and Health System; establishing relationships with donors, and consistently completing substantive donor meetings and phone calls; soliciting and closing gifts; supporting special campaigns and fundraising initiatives in conjunction with THIA signature events; expanding and maintaining annual giving campaigns. Performs other duties as assigned.
Required Education & Experience:
Bachelor's degree and at least four years of related experience. Understanding of higher education and/or or health system priorities, fundraising, annual giving campaigns, events, alumni or donor relations communications experience preferred. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
Required Skills & Abilities:
* Demonstrated success with developing and sustaining relationships with key constituents.
* Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills.
* Demonstrated ability to work independently as well as in a collaborative team environment.
* Demonstrated interpersonal skills, along with the ability to interact effectively with a diverse group of individuals both inside and outside the university.
* Demonstrated entrepreneurial and strategic thinking skills, with the ability to exercise creativity and initiative in achieving gift goals.
* Demonstrated success with developing and sustaining relationships with key donors, volunteer leadership, and senior staff.
* Demonstrated creativity and strategic thinking with the ability to take initiative and the willingness to learn.
* Ability to travel, and work evening and weekend hours, as needed.
This position requires a background check
Temple University values diversity and is committed to equal opportunity for all persons regardless of age, color, disability, ethnicity, marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other status protected by law.
Compliance Statement: In the performance of their functions as detailed in the position description employees have an obligation to avoid ethical, legal, financial and other conflicts of interest to ensure that their actions and outside activities do not conflict with their primary employment responsibilities at the institution. Employees are also expected to understand and be in compliance with applicable laws, University and. employment policies and regulations, including NCAA regulations for areas and departments which their essential functions cause them to interact.
To obtain additional information about Temple University please visit our website at www.temple.edu.
Temple University's Annual Security and Fire Safety Report contains statistics, policies, and procedures related to campus safety and can be found at:
You may request a copy of the report by calling Temple University's Campus Safety Services at 215-###-####.
Associated topics: administrative, administrative assistant, administrative staff, asso, front desk, front office, operation, operations director, records management, staff
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.