- $53,150.00 -65,030.00/year*
Healthcare - Nursing
202 Israel Rd SE
Founded in 1965, Telecare is a rapidly growing mental health care company dedicated to making a difference for our clients, the community, and our employees. We offer an array of mental health services to adults with serious mental illness. We partner with public sector entities and behavioral health organizations and have over 122 programs and over 3,680 employees across the country. And we're growing all the time! When you work at Telecare, you help to empower thousands of individuals every day in their journeys of recovery.
As part of the Telecare Family, Thurston Mason Crisis Triage is a 10-bed inpatient secure facility for adults, ages 18 and older, diagnosed with a serious mental illness, who are experiencing a mental health emergency.
Employment Status: On-Call
Shift: Varies as needed
Days: Varies as needed
The LPN provides recovery focused services related to the safe and appropriate administration of medical treatment (including medications) as prescribed by the physician. Provides safe, effective, and efficient implementation of direct care in accordance with established policies, procedures, and standards of care.
* Graduation from an accredited LPN program and current LPN licensure in state of operation
* Current CPR/BLS certificate
* Must be at least 18 years of age
* Must be CPR, Crisis Prevention Institute (CPI), and First Aid certified on date of employment or within 60 days of employment and maintain current certification throughout employment
* All opportunities at Telecare are contingent upon successful completion and receipt of acceptable results of the applicable post-offer physical examination, 2-step PPD test for tuberculosis, acceptable criminal background clearances, excluded party sanctions, and degree or license verification. If the position requires driving, valid driver license, a motor vehicle clearance, and proof of auto insurance is required at time of employment and must be maintained throughout employment. Additional regulatory, contractual, or local requirements may apply.
* Previous experience with population to be served and/or work in a similar program setting
* One (1) year of experience
* Understanding of psychiatric illness and its treatment, and knowledge of psychotropic medication
* Demonstrates the Telecare mission, purpose, values, and beliefs in everyday language and contact with internal and external stakeholders.
* Establishes and maintains a therapeutic relationship with members served
* Provides nursing care and assists in the welcoming, admission, and discharge process
* Collects data relevant to members served care; develops and implements nursing care plans
* Demonstrates knowledge of crisis management and intervention
* Transcribes physician orders accurately and in a timely manner
* Administers medication and treatments to members served
* Receives and presents change of shift reports as assigned
* Adheres to medication management policies and procedures
* Notifies the prescriber and nursing supervisor of any changes in behavior or condition
* Documents the progress of members served toward their Recovery Plan goals
* Attends and participates in community meetings and groups
* Actively participates in multidisciplinary team meetings and treatment planning meetings
* Coordinates and participates in counting medications and giving report at the beginning and end of each shift
* If employed at inpatient program, must assist with restraint of members served in the event of assaultive behavior and pass assault crisis/crisis prevention training
* If employed at outpatient program, must evade members served in the event of assaultive behavior and pass assault crisis/crisis prevention training
Duties and responsibilities may be added, deleted, and/or changed at the discretion of management.
* Ability to review and implements Recovery/Treatment plans
* Ability to support medical and psycho-social care of members served
* Ability to administer oral and injectable medications
* Ability to act as a team member and provide input via reporting observations and concerns and asking appropriate questions
* Ability to review and implements members served recovery treatment plans
* Ability to implement physical crisis and de-escalation techniques.
The physical demands here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
The employee is occasionally required to sit, squat, kneel, twist, push, pull and lift and carry items weighing 25 pounds or less as well as to frequently walk, stand, bend, reach and do simple and power grasping. The position requires manual deviation, repetition and dexterity as well as Hazardous Exposure (Blood Borne Pathogens, Hospital Waste, Chemical & Infectious).
EOE AA M/F/V/Disability
Associated topics: hemodialysis, license, licensed, licensed practical, med surg, nurse i, nurse iii, nurse lpn, practical, vocational
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...