The National Sales Account Executive is the liaison between TEGNA television stations and their customers, the advertising agencies. You will be responsible for generating the maximum amount of business for your TV stations. In addition, you will negotiate largest share of major account business possible within the boundaries of the rate structure, and super-serve those accounts and agencies to continue to position TEGNA for maximum revenue opportunities.
In this role, you will:
* Position TEGNA audience for rate and share of business.
* Provide market recaps and conditions to buying community.
* Responsible for agency and client relationships at all levels.
* Position yourself as a resource.
* Respond to avails.
* Negotiate effectively and secure business.
* Merchandise our delivery and performance.
* Turn over fulfillment to the Account Manager (AM) and others on the team.
* Oversee order stewardship: pre-logs, posting reports, pre-empts, and make goods.
* College Degree Preferred
* Television sales/negotiation experience and digital sales experience is a plus.
* Proven sales leader with demonstrated record of sales achievement
* Ability to think and lead strategically
* Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills
* Strong presenter and communicator with internal and external customers
* Experience/Proficiency with MS Office, Wide Orbit Traffic, Medialine.
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. With 49 television stations and two radio stations in 41 markets, TEGNA delivers relevant content and information to consumers across platforms. It is the largest owner of top 4 affiliates in the top 25 markets, reaching approximately one-third of all television households nationwide. Each month, TEGNA reaches 50 million adults on-air and approximately 30 million across its digital platforms. TEGNA has been consistently honored with the industry's top awards, including Edward R. Murrow, George Polk, Alfred I. DuPont, and Emmy Awards. TEGNA also delivers innovative and unparalleled solutions for advertisers through TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS). TMS is a one-stop shop that helps businesses thrive through an unmatched suite of services and solutions that reach consumers across television, email, social and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA's OTT advertising service. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. For more information, visit www.TEGNA.com.
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug-free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information.
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.