TOOL & DIE MAKER III
TE Connectivity's Tooling Teams perform the manufacturing functions related to metal working dies and tool making. They are responsible for completing all assignments to construct, modify and condition metal working dies and may fabricate new gages, cutting or forming tools and fixtures by analyzing blueprints, sketches, models and engineering or shop specifications. They perform precision work to exacting tolerances and dimensions; recommend revisions in design and/or substitutions in material based on machinability or fabrication problems encountered; and solve problems relating to unusual materials, machine settings, fabrication methods, and production process. Every team member is responsible for maintaining housekeeping and organization of the work area as well as following TE Connectivity's EH&S policies and procedures.
Responsibilities & Qualifications
- Clean, sharpen, and maintain die tooling & machines to support the Stamping production area.
- Modify tooling as needed by machining to close tolerances.
- Must be able fabricate a part using a detailed print or sketch using a mill, grinder, or lathe.
- Suggests and implements machine improvements to increase machine speeds, part quality, and overall productivity of the Stamping department.
- Perform preventive maintenance and die conditioning.
- Support Stamping production by troubleshooting more complex dies (set up and production).
- Maintain an organized work area.
- Quick response to support production equipment and machines to minimize loss of production.
Education / Experience:
- Successful completion of a Tool & Die Apprenticeship program or equivalent work experience.
- Strong mechanical ability and troubleshooting skills.
- Must be able to multi-task between shop and production duties.
- Embrace lean manufacturing strategies (5S+1, quick changeover, standard work, etc.).
- Standard EDM experience is a plus.
- Must be able to lift a maximum weight of 25 lbs.
- Must be able to push a maximum weight of 68 lbs.
- Must be able to pull a maximum weight of 53 lbs.
- This position does require frequent picking, pinching, seizing, grasping, etc., primarily with fingers.
***This description provides the general nature and level of work performed. This posting is not intended to be an exhaustive listof duties, responsibilities, or qualifications assigned to the job.***
- Values: Integrity, Accountability,Teamwork, Innovation
Associated topics: die, fixture, mold, melt, molten, tool, toolmaker, tool and die, tool designer, tool die