As today s homes are becoming more connected, TE Appliances continues to dedicate resources to develop innovative connectivity solutions to support the most capable and complex home appliances in the market. TE Appliance products can be found in home applications consumers use on a daily basis- large and small- and continue to provide the best solutions for always-on connectivity needed for the home of today and tomorrow. Our customers partner with us as we are able to provide a broad range of connectivity and sensor solutions for home appliances, lighting, HVAC, security, and many more applications.
TE Connectivity's Molding Teams operate assigned automated molding machinery, ensure component flow, troubleshoot and correct machinery issues to ensure quality and productivity. They perform changeovers and setups according to production schedule, perform quality checks according to established processes and document the results as required by our quality procedures. Every team member is responsible for maintaining housekeeping and organization of the work area as well as following TE Connectivity's EH&S policies and procedures.
Responsibilities & Qualifications
- Obtain factory order information from the Group Leader/Foreperson.
- Disconnect water lines and clamps from old mold in press. Remove old mold from injection molding press using overhead crane. Process appropriate paperwork including mold report card.
- Complete process sheets.
- Move old mold to mold storage area and place in correct location. Retrieve new mold from mold storage area using overhead crane.
- Install mold into injection molding press and hook up clamps and water lines properly.
- Obtain appropriate gages and fill out required paperwork.
- Complete mold startups, complete and record MSU data and Mold history information.
- Obtain setup parameters for the mold and input them into injection molding press.
- Adjust and set up cameras, sprue pickers, grinders and thermolators.
- Record data on the report card at the direction of the group leader.
- Adhere to all standard safety requirements and wear recommended personal protective equipment at all times in the production areas.
- Perform visual inspection of molded product including the use of microscopes, gages, and measuring equipment called out on the QIP.
- Perform general housekeeping duties in accordance with 5S+1 procedures to assigned presses and areas throughout the shift including sweeping, mopping, wiping, etc.
- Perform in-process adjustments to auxiliary equipment as required (pickers, grinders, dryers, cameras)..
- Perform TPM walkaround (autonomous maintenance) at multiple presses.
- Troubleshoot auxillary equipment including dryers, grinders, thermolators and sprue pickers.
- Make and assemble boxes and place the proper amount of housings in each shipping container by operating the weigh scales as required. Package per Pali requirements..
- Dump production bins onto workstation table and visually check parts for nonfill, cracks, broken steel, or other non-conformities and complete associated paperwork.
- Conduct second visual on MSU.
- Complete raw material moisture checks as required.
- Make water lines as required.
- Assist maintenance as needed when addressing work orders.
- Empty purge containers and water jugs that collect water purged from the molds and put away with the empty purge containers.
- Check if audible alarms are turned on.
- Complete work per any applicable TWIs
- Complete 14 day TPMs as required.
- Close out factory order packets and close out factory orders using the computer.
- Assemble the bags for weigh counting purposes.
- Complete ESRs, FASRs and PPAPs.
- Continually monitor the process and check water lines for leakage.
- Assemble the bags for weigh counting purposes
Education / Experience:
- Must be able to use a microscope to inspect parts
- Must be able to read a standard blueprint
- High Energy, self-motivated, attention to detail and willingness to learn and advance in this past paced department.
- Introductory experience in a manufacturing environment is preferred.
- Injection Molding experience is preferred, not required.
- Must be able to lift a maximum weight of 30 lbs.
- Must be able to push a maximum weight of 45 lbs.
- Must be able to pull a maximum weight of 55 lbs.
- Occasional work at heights on a ladder
- Occasional reaching above shoulder
- Frequently extending hands and arms between knees and shoulder level; will handle & grasp frequently with hands
- Frequent standing, walking and balancing throughout the day is required in this job.
- Values: Integrity, Accountability,Teamwork, Innovation
Associated topics: die, fixture, mold, melt, molten, tool, toolmaker, tool and die, tool designer, tool die