As today s homes are becoming more connected, TE Appliances continues to dedicate resources to develop innovative connectivity solutions to support the most capable and complex home appliances in the market. TE Appliance products can be found in home applications consumers use on a daily basis- large and small- and continue to provide the best solutions for always-on connectivity needed for the home of today and tomorrow. Our customers partner with us as we are able to provide a broad range of connectivity and sensor solutions for home appliances, lighting, HVAC, security, and many more applications.
TE Connectivity's Mold Makers apply knowledge of mold design and construction to the construction, conditioning, modification, repair and maintenance of injection and transfer molds, gauges, cutting tools, jigs and fixtures. In some instances they may fabricate new molds by analyzing blueprints, sketches, models and engineering or shop specifications. Every team member is responsible for maintaining housekeeping and organization of the work area as well as following TE Connectivity's EH&S policies and procedures.
Responsibilities & Qualifications
- Prepare molds for production
- This consists at times of performing part number change-overs from assembly drawings, cleaning, assembly, repair, and trouble shooting and performing visual inspection on molded product to assure good mold maintenance was performed.
- Inspect and prepare tooling to be installed into mold which means being proficient in all shop equipment (excluding wire EDM) and heat treating techniques.
- Disassemble mold tooling for cleaning and repair. Cleaning includes disassembly of mold, cleaning each piece of tooling and inspecting for wear and damage. Details are reworked or replaced as needed
- Change over molds which include changing out details to change product part configuration
- Fits and assembles component parts into mold cavities and verifies dimensions, alignment and clearance
- Analyzes and corrects complex mold malfunctions to assure mold will produce acceptable parts
- May perform welding to make repairs to mold tooling, mold frames, and other mold parts requiring a fine blend of surface metal that would not distort the finished product
- Hand fitting of mold tooling
Education / Experience:
- Completion of Accredited Apprenticeship program is strongly preferred
- Minimum of 4 years experience in mold making or mold maintenance preferred
- Demonstrated ability to accurately read and interpret blueprints
- Ability to operate milling machines, surface grinders and related shop equipment
- Ability to operate precision measurement devices
- Knowledge of tool design and understanding of fit and function of mold components
- Understanding of Plastics and mold tooling
- Good communication and ability to multi task and prioritize work in order to successfully accomplish job duties is strongly needed
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 54 lbs
- Must be able to push a minimum of 77 lbs
- Must be able to pull a minimum of 66 lbs
- Frequently extending hands and arms between knees and shoulder level; will handle and grasp frequently with hands
- Frequent standing, walking, and balancing throughout the day is required in this job.
***This description provides the general nature and level of work performed. This posting is not intended to be an exhaustive list of duties, responsibilities, or qualifications assigned to the job. ***
- Values: Integrity, Accountability,Teamwork, Innovation
Associated topics: die, fixture, mold, melt, molten, tool, toolmaker, tool and die, tool designer, tool die