Fluidics Inc., is a wholly-owned subsidiary of EMCOR Group, Inc. EMCOR is the world's leading provider of mechanical and electrical construction and facilities services, including planning, consulting, and operations and maintenance. Since Fluidics was founded in 1968, a lot has changed in the mechanical contracting industry, including our company. We have acquired the most technologically and physically advanced resources available to meet the growing needs of our customers.
Job Title: --Maintenance Mechanic - HVAC
Job Summary: --
Responsible for operation, replacement, repair and maintenance of building related mechanical, electrical, control systems, plumbing, air handling units, pumps, heat exchangers, expansion joints, and other building mechanical systems. Work involves the lifting of heavy mechanical equipment and apparatus, and may be performed in areas of extreme heat or cold. Receives and responds to service calls, takes immediate action to resolve emergency situations or system breakdowns. Oversees assigned utility mechanics, routine and preventive maintenance work.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: --
* Responsible for operation and maintenance requirements of the assigned Mechanics, insuring services are accomplished in an effective and efficient manner.
* Perform and oversee corrective maintenance per contract specifications
* Operate those elements of the system, for which Fluidics is responsible, in accordance with prescribed procedures and performance limitations.
* Receive and respond to service requests from the Customer's Representative; to advise the Project Manager of all such actions taken and of any unresolved problems.
* Respond immediately to emergency situations, initiate emergency operations procedures and to advise the Project Manager, and the Customer's Representative/Security when resolution of an emergency exceeds the capability of shift personnel.
* Implement those elements of the operations, routine & preventive maintenance and support services programs, which are assigned to the shift.
* Issue directions and instructions to assigned shift personnel as required. Evaluate personnel performance capabilities and training on a regular basis.
* Ensure required operating logs and maintenance forms are completed accurately and clearly and that these are submitted to the Customer on a timely basis.
* Control, maintain accountability, and oversee the issuance and use of spare parts and tools.
* Train and direct assigned mechanics on facility SOP's
* Perform any additional duties on an as required basis where such duties are within the scope of contractual obligations.
* Overtime and shift work may be required.
* Safely and skillfully use all types of related hand and power tools
* Required Mechanical Trades or Trade School certification in location applicable disciplines i.e. HVAC, Electrical, Hydraulics, Plumbing.
* Required License for equipment operation in a given municipality
* CFC Universal License/Certification Required
* Minimum of five (5) year's experience HVAC systems.
* Required OSHA 10 Hour Safety Training Certification
* Experience & proven ability to repair building & HVAC auxiliary systems
* Experience & proven ability to safely secure all systems for maintenance
* Experience & proven ability to Braze/Solder copper pie, thread black pipe
* Experience & proven ability to use refrigerant recovery equipment, charging scales, gauges
* Experience & proven ability to troubleshoot HVAC controls
* Ability to write, execute written and oral instructions and perform arithmetic calculations.
* Valid driver's license as required to drive any vehicles which may be assigned along with Driving skills with up to 1-1/2-ton truck.
* Strong knowledge of safe work practices and procedures typical for maintenance operations
We offer our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package and are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success. Equal Opportunity Employer.