Project Manager (Construction Project Coordinator 3) - Two (2) Position Openings
State of Washington
Loading some great jobs for you...
Project Manager (Team G)
At the Department of Enterprise Services (DES) you will join a team that encourages creativity and works smarter. We do not believe in the notion, \"this is how we have always done it\", instead we actively embody, \"how can we do it better?\"
As a DES team member, you are trained to listen to our customers and develop work processes around their satisfaction. We build and maintain a human centered culture, a work place where our customers are heard and matter and you are appreciated for the skills you bring to the team every day. We look for new team members who are dedicated to learning how we listen and understand our customer's expectations to create the solutions they need.
We are an agency passionately focused on \"The Big Three\":
1. Customer Satisfaction
2. Team Member Satisfaction
3. Financial Health
We measure our success and continually work to improve our performance based on these measures. We want to ensure both current and new team members see themselves in our Big Three, beginning with respect for people.
What you will be doing:
Please note: At the (DES)'s Facility Professional Services (FPS) division, we intend to hire TWO Project Managers.
These project managers will aid in the care and custody of our State's historic capital campus and it's over 50 buildings. The position will provide oversight and administrative management for a wide variety of capital improvement projects. These projects vary in scope from small preservation projects to a large, multi-phased projects reaching $10 million or more in expenditures.
The work itself is unique by virtue for the planning and providing for the State of Washington's seat of government. Many of the campus buildings grounds support the many functions of state government, and yet, hold significant historic and cultural value to the citizens of Washington State. The state's iconic campus is considered to be a treasure by many and is rivaled by but a few other capitals in our nation.
Your project management of oversight will provide impacts lasting many years into the future.
As a Project Manager, you will have the pleasure of working closely with elected officials, state agency heads and employees of all levels and local officials by leading multidisciplinary teams of architects, engineers, contractors, maintenance personnel and property managers. We have a job to do... the pace is fast, the work is collaborative, and we are in need for your leadership and independence for this job!
Who we are looking for:
Our ideal candidate has a wide variety of professional skill sets and possesses a broad-base of knowledge and experience in architecture, civil engineering, mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, and construction management. One may say, you have to be a 'jack-of-all-trades, master of none' is needed to effectively execute the assigned work. In addition, the position requires demonstrated project administrative and management experience that includes a working knowledge of applicable Public Works laws and related codes. Ultimately, we need your strong professional skills and abilities to handle the multitude of technical and facilities-related assignments.
Allow us to explain why you would want this unique job:
If you find value in work that preserves and improves historic and cultural buildings and landmarks, this job should appeal to you. Washington's state capital campus is unique and considered prestigious by its historic and cultural significance and campus-style landscape. The opportunity to work in such a setting is often appreciated by many within DES and its past employees.
Another consideration is working for state government. We provide stability, pension plans, and provide a work/life balance to suit your lifestyle. This position offers the working experience needed for promotion within state government among the many state agencies, and your initiative will be demonstrated by your accomplishments and hard work. Duties
Project Management and Contract Administration:
* Participate and provide recommendations for the procurement of architectural and engineering consultants and other professional service providers, public works contractors, and vendors;
* Develop, review, and monitor project-specific scopes of work, work schedules, and engineering cost estimates for assigned major capital and minor works projects, and technical assignments;
* Oversee and manage all phases of project planning, design and delivery and successfully complete assigned capitol projects and other technical assignments;
* Properly scope, coordinate, direct and review work products prepared by private consultants and contractors for a wide variety of public works/facility improvement projects and technical assignments;
* Prepare budget summary worksheets, bid comparisons, and cost-to complete estimates to ensure capital project budgets and related expenditures are monitored and remain within capital allocations and authorized spending limits;
* Review and approve project invoices, contract amendments or change order proposals, and field authorizations for major and minor capital projects and other technical assignments;
* Coordinate and work collaboratively with other DES project managers, agency personnel and elected officials at the state and local levels;
* Prepare and manage project-specific Interagency Agreements (IAA) and Interlocal Agreements (ILA);
* Provide construction management oversight for substantial completion, final completion and final acceptance necessary for the proper and timely closeout of assigned major capital and minor works projects, and other contracted activities.
Master Planning and Capital Budget Development:
* Assist the Program Manager, Assistant Director, and Senior Business Manager with the preparation, review, and submittal of decision packages, biennial budget requests, and fiscal expenditures/budget reports;
* Identify the need for new or revised fiscal-related standard operating policies, practices, processes, and standards pertaining to contracted public works.
* Provide technical guidance for the development and implementation of comprehensive asset-level business plans and other operational spending plans.
Bachelor's degree with major study in architecture, engineering, or construction management from an accredited institution;
At minimum of four (4) years' of professional experience in engineering design or facility construction;
Equivalent education/experience may be substituted, year for year, to meet the above education and professional experience at the agency's discretion.
* Comprehensive and master planning, capital improvement planning, operational and maintenance planning, and financial management strategies;
* Capital budget development and implementation experience and knowledge of the OFM's budget instructions and related process;
* Management of project documentation, including project management, design and construction records and other supporting materials;
* General requirements for working with and preserving public and historic state-owned lands, buildings and other resources;
* Federal building and energy codes, land use and environmental regulations, and public agency and private industry construction-industry related laws, policies, standards, and practices;
* Statewide Environmental Policy Act (SEPA) and related review and approval process;
* LEED Silver (or above) objectives and practices, and Zero-Energy Building (or Net-Zero) principles and practices;
* Competency in performing Quality Assurance and Quality Control (QA/QC) reviews for architectural, engineering, and landscaping maps, plans, drawings and details, and performing constructability checks and lifecycle cost analyses;
* Geographic Information System (GIS), computer-aided-design (AutoCAD), and facility management (CMMS) technology and related software, and database development and management.
Please attach the following documents, failure to do so may result in not being considered for the position:
* A letter of interest to describe why you are the best candidate and how you meet the specific qualifications for this position;
* Current resume, detailing experience, and education; and
* A list of at least three (3) professional references with current telephone numbers.
By submitting these materials, you are indicating that all information is true and correct. The state may verify information. Any untruthful or misleading information is cause for removal from the applicant pool or dismissal if employed.
NOTE: Prior to any new appointment into the Department of Enterprise Services, a background check including criminal record history will be conducted. Information from the background check will not necessarily preclude employment, but will be considered in determining the applicant's suitability and competence to perform in the position.
Applicants who meet the minimum qualifications and wish to claim Veteran's Preference MUST attach a copy of their DD214, or other verification of military service. Please blackout any personally identifiable data such as social security numbers.
Applicants claiming veteran's preference points must attach the documentation with each on-line application. If you do not provide appropriate documentation to qualify for these preference points, the points will not be awarded.
For additional information on Veteran's Preference and guidance on how to determine if you are eligible, click here.
We thank you and are grateful for your service
The Department of Enterprise Services celebrates our differences and we are committed to a workplace that supports equal opportunity employment and inclusion regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity diversity, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We will also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local laws.
Persons with a disability, who need assistance with their application or need this announcement in an alternative format, may call (360) ###-#### or toll free (877) ###-####. TTY users should first call 711 to access the Washington Relay Service.
Should you have any questions regarding this position or the online application, contact Lolo Florentino Arevalo at (360) ###-#### or ...@des.wa.gov