The Washington State Office of Superintendent of Public Instruction (OSPI) seeks a Customer Service Specialist 4 to join the OSPI team. This full-time position is based in Olympia, Washington. We encourage interested candidates to visit the OSPI website to gain insight into our agency's mission and strategic plan.
Vision & Mission
Vision: All students prepared for post-secondary pathways, careers, and civic engagement.
Mission: Transform K-12 education to a system that is centered on closing opportunity gaps and is characterized by high expectations for all students and educators. We achieve this by developing equity-based policies and supports that empower educators, families, and communities.
The Office of Superintendent of Public Instruction is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to create an inclusive working environment that respects diverse backgrounds. Individuals from diverse gender, racial and ethnic backgrounds, religions and creeds, and national origins, individuals with any disabilities or the use of a trained service dog or service animal, individuals over 40 years of age, individuals in honorably discharged veteran or military status and individuals of all sexual orientations and gender identities are encouraged to apply. Please include your name and preferred pronouns in your application, to ensure we address you appropriately throughout the application process.
The Professional Certification Office's mission is to ensure that Washington State educators have the preparation and continuing education to positively influence student learning. The Professional Certification Office verifies certification requirements for applicants. In addition, the Professional Certification Office provides staff support to OSPI, the State Board of Education and the Professional Educator Standards Boards in matters relating to professional certification standards and issuance.
This position works with and supervises the Professional Certification Office's Customer Service Unit. This position reports to the Program Specialist 3. This position oversees, manages, schedules, trains and evaluates the Customer Service Unit in collaboration with the Program Specialist 3. This position reviews productivity data and collaborates with the Program Specialist 3 to create training, as well as to provide support for the Customer Service Unit in meeting its goals. This position collaborates with the Program Specialist 3, the Professional Certification Office's Director and the Customer Service Unit to positively, accurately, proficiently and successfully interact with all constituents, both internal and external. This position fulfills additional customer service duties via phone, email and in-person interactions. This position is vital to the operation of the Customer Service Unit, as well as the Professional Certification Office.
* Supervise, coordinate, evaluate and support the staff within the Customer Service Unit. * Create, modify and monitor daily and weekly schedules and duties of the Customer Service Unit. * Work in collaboration with the Program Specialist 3 to ensure continuous and effective processing within the Customer Service Unit. * Collect and provide all data relating to the Customer Service Unit to the Program Specialist 3 and Director upon request. * Provide customer service to stakeholders each work day through phone, email and in-person interactions. * Assist in the processes of communication to internal and external stakeholders through multiple means of technology. * Identify areas that need improvement, and provide Lean-based solutions for implementation within the Customer Service Unit. * Understand and relay existing and updated Washington Administrative Code (WAC) and Revised Code of Washington (RCW) that are relevant to educator certification to Customer Service Unit, customers and agency staff.
The role of this position is to effectively manage its section. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
* Managing and directing the work of the group, providing them with the tools and training necessary to perform their jobs. * Leadership responsibilities, which includes providing staff with guidance and coaching, monitoring progress and addressing performance. * Conducting annual employee performance reviews and expectations for classified staff. The annual review period is September 1st through August 31st. * Work closely with and monitor trial service and probationary employees. Provide interim evaluations. * Grow staff skills and abilities through training opportunities, mentorship and regular feedback. * Ensuring staff are well informed and connected with agency mission, vision, value and goals.
* An Associate's degree and four (4) years of experience providing assistance to customers regarding inquiries, complaints or problems; OR * A Bachelor's degree and two (2) years of progressive experience providing assistance to customers regarding inquires, complaints or problems; OR * Equivalent experience providing assistance to customers regarding inquiries, complaints or problems.
* Lean Six Sigma skills, training and/or certification. * Knowledge of WAC's and RCW's that are relevant to education. * Ability to successfully lead and supervise a customer service unit. * Experience and knowledge of employee training processes for new and existing staff. * Ability to work a flexible daily schedule, remain organized and juggle multiple projects at once. * Provide positive and direct feedback to supervisor and staff, with the goal of improving office effectiveness and processes. * The ability to work independently, as well as a team member, to accomplish priority tasks and long term goals. * Proficiency in Microsoft Suite products, internet research, software and web-based programs. * Knowledge of the E-Certification system and system data. * Excellent proofreading skills, and the ability to create external publications. * Experience with external communication for a large audience. * Knowledge of Washington State agency processes and procedures within the area of customer service and management.
The annual compensation for the position is $38,124-$49,752 per year and depends upon experience, educational background and qualifications. Washington State offers a generous benefit package including health, dental and life insurance, retirement and an optional deferred compensation program. Please visit Health Care Authority for information regarding health benefits and the Department of Retirement Systems for retirement plan information. This is a general service position. This position is not represented by a bargaining unit. If applicable, OSPI reserves the right to fill multiple vacancies in the same job classification with this recruitment.
Those interested in this position must apply through Careers.wa.gov. Applications must include the following documents in MS Word and PDF format only:
* A letter of interest specifically addressing the qualifications listed in this announcement; * A current r?sum?, and; * A list of three or more professional references.
Please address any questions to:
Theresa Ellsworth, Human Resources
Office of Superintendent of Public Instruction
600 Washington Street Southeast
Olympia, Washington 98504-7200
(360) ###-####; ...@k12.wa.us
Persons needing accommodation in the application process or this announcement in an alternative format may contact the Human Resources Office at (360) ###-#### or (360) ###-####, or e-mail ...@k12.wa.us.
New Jobs Alert Service
OSPI offers a subscription service, which regularly notifies subscribers of new OSPI employment opportunities on careers.wa.gov. Subscribers are notified via text or email alert. If you are interested in this service, then please subscribe at this location.
Associated topics: answer, call center, customer order, customer service, customer service representative, phone call, service call, service representative, telephone, telephone activation specialist
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.