Budget Analyst 4 (BA4 in-training 2019-04430) Olympia
State of Washington
Loading some great jobs for you...
Here's your opportunity to be a key part of how we live our vision and BUILD the nation's best and most future ready workforce - starting right at ESD!
Here at the Employment Security Department (ESD), we believe in the Power to Help when people need it most. We provide economic security to the people of Washington every day and in every corner of the state. We help people find jobs, bridge gaps in employment and soon we'll be providing paid family and medical leave.
We are recruiting for one full-time permanent Budget Analyst 4 to join our Finance and Administrative Services, Central Budget Office team. In this role, you will support the coordination and maintenance of ESD's budgets for the Employment Connections Program - the largest ESD program - ensuring funds are used in the most effective and efficient manner possible.
If this sounds like something you'd enjoy and you're ready to join a team that makes a difference in our communities, then we encourage you to apply now!
Please Note: Depending on qualifications, this position will be hired as a Budget Analyst 3, or Budget Analyst 4. If hired as a BA3, the incumbent will be required to successfully complete a training plan in order to promote to the next level of BA4. Salary ranges for these levels are:
More than Just a Paycheck! Washington State offers one of the most competitive benefits packages in the nation. To read more about our benefits, click on the following employee benefit links:
* Benefits (insurance, retirement, and related benefits) * Vacation, Leave, and Holidays * Special Programs (additional benefits)
In this role you will report directly to the Budget Director and have direct responsibility and lead for the agency's Information Technology (IT) budget, project management, compiling decision packages, purchase approvals and developing budget to actual reports. Additionally, you will be responsible for making significant and independent decisions in the matters of IT related expenditures and federal and state fund allocations, including approving reallocation of funding sources for both expenditures and salaries and benefits.
Some of what you'll enjoy doing:
* Planning and coordinating the internal budget process for both budgets and their submissions to Office of Financial Management and developing cost estimates and projections for future spending. * Conducting detail analysis and preparing reports for submittal to Office of Chief Information Officer. * Developing and preparing biennial budgets and allotment packages for multiple programs for accurate and timely submittals. * Preparing, managing, and approving monthly encumbrances for the Department's IT program. * Developing and initiating an ongoing processes to automate the monthly encumbrances. * Performing research on monthly expenditures, conducting detail analysis and preparing monthly budget to actual narrative for each program. * Reviewing and analyzing accuracy of expenditures. * Preparing and processing financial corrections. * Conducting trend analysis and projections for program budgets, internal and external decision packages, and fund sources comparing historical, current and future data. * Reviewing and tracking all IT contracts for Operations, Projects, and annual licenses. * Providing daily analysis of budget reports to identify trends. * Interpreting and communicating budget policies and procedures agency leadership staff, division management, and other stakeholders.
BA3 Level Required Qualifications
* Bachelor's degree in business, accounting, economics, or statistics. * Three years of professional experience in budgets, management, or program analysis.
BA4 Level Required Qualifications
* Bachelor's degree in business, accounting, economics, or statistics. * Five years of professional experience in budgets, management, or program analysis.
Please Note: A Master's degree may substitute for some experience or a combination of education and/or relevant experience. Supplemental Information
Attach a resume and letter of interest to your on-line application (through the Add Attachment(s) field).
* Applications with comments such as \"see attachments\" in the supplemental question responses will be considered incomplete.
* Final external candidates must pass an Unemployment Insurance (UI) Fraud check. * This recruitment may be used to establish a qualified pool of BA4 in training candidates for agency-wide vacancies in the next six months. * The Employment Security Department is an equal opportunity employer/program. Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities. * If you are having technical difficulties creating, accessing or completing your application, please contact ...@des.wa.gov or (360) ###-#### or toll free (877) ###-####.
Applicants who meet the minimum qualifications and wish to claim Veteran's Preference must attach a copy of their DD214 or other verification of military service. Please black out any personally identifiable data such as social security numbers.
Thank you for your service!
ESD's employee engagement continued to trend upward in 2018 as we developed programs to improve the employee experience. We are diligent and remain focused on creating a modern workplace designed to meet the needs of a changing workforce. We have wellness programs, telework policies and flexible schedules. We're working to update our facilities all over the state to enhance both the client and employee experience.
Opportunity for All
The Washington Employment Security Department is an equal opportunity employer/program. Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities. We strive to create a working environment that includes and respects cultural, racial, ethnic, sexual orientation and gender identity diversity. Women, racial and ethnic minorities, persons of disability, persons over 40 years of age, veterans or people with military status, and people of all sexual orientations and gender identities are encouraged to apply.
Please contact Joe Vidales at 360-###-#### if you have any questions regarding this posting. You can also email us at ...@esd.wa.gov or Washington Relay Service 711 if you are a person with a disability needing assistance in the application process, if you need this job announcement in an alternate format, or with general questions about this opportunity.
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.