Bilingual Education Program Supervisor (Dual Language)
State of Washington
Loading some great jobs for you...
WASHINGTON MANAGEMENT SERVICE
Bilingual Education Program Supervisor (Dual Language)
$66,912-$78,720 annually + 5% for Dual Language
Open April 30-May 14, 2019
The Washington State Office of Superintendent of Public Instruction (OSPI) seeks a Bilingual Education Program Supervisor to join the OSPI team. This full-time position is based in Olympia, Washington. We encourage interested candidates to visit the OSPI website to gain insight into our agency's mission and strategic plan.
Vision & Mission
Vision: All students prepared for post-secondary pathways, careers, and civic engagement.
Mission: Transform K-12 education to a system that is centered on closing opportunity gaps and is characterized by high expectations for all students and educators. We achieve this by developing equity-based policies and supports that empower educators, families, and communities.
The Office of Superintendent of Public Instruction is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to create an inclusive working environment that respects diverse backgrounds. Individuals from diverse gender, racial and ethnic backgrounds, religions and creeds, and national origins, individuals with any disabilities or the use of a trained service dog or service animal, individuals over 40 years of age, individuals in honorably discharged veteran or military status and individuals of all sexual orientations and gender identities are encouraged to apply. Please include your name and preferred pronouns in your application, to ensure we address you appropriately throughout the application process.
This position works within the Migrant & Bilingual Education Office. This position serves Washington State in improving the skills and knowledge of teachers, paraeducators and administrators in the areas of bilingual education, second language acquisition and bilingual instructional program models. This position works with OSPI, educational service districts (ESDs) and school districts to provide training and technical assistance to approximately 190 school districts that serve over 85,000 English Language Learners (ELL) statewide in grades K-12. In addition, this position assists in reviewing programs for compliance with state and federal requirements.
* Review and approve school district applications for Title III/Transitional Bilingual Instructional Program funding. * Provide training and technical assistance on the requirements for data collection and reporting. * Collaborate with OSPI, ESD and school district staff in planning and delivering training and technical assistance on research-based instructional strategies and assessments for ELL. * Provide technical assistance to local educational agencies on best practices in the areas of language acquisition, curriculum, curriculum adaptation, instruction and assessment of ELL. * Participate with agency staff on consolidated program reviews and evaluations that include accommodations for needs of bilingual students.
* Bachelor's degree in education, or area of Bilingual and/or English-as-a-Second Language. * Experience delivering technical assistance to school district staff on state and federal program requirements. * Experience in providing professional development in the area of second language acquisition. * Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal. * Strong commitment to the principles of high-quality customer service, trust, teamwork and collaboration. * Bilingual and biliterate skills in at least one of the top five languages spoken by students in Washington State. The languages are Spanish, Russian, Vietnamese, Somali and Chinese.
* Five (5) years of K-12 teaching experience in elementary, middle school or secondary education bilingual programs. * Knowledge of assessments for ELL. * Experience organizing and managing state-level in-service training for diverse classroom teachers, paraeducators and administrators.
The annual compensation for the position is $66,912-$78,720 per year, with an additional 5% for the Dual Language component. The compensation ultimately depends upon experience, educational background and qualifications. Washington State offers a generous benefit package including health, dental and life insurance, retirement and an optional deferred compensation program. Please visit Health Care Authority for information regarding health benefits and the Department of Retirement Systems for retirement plan information. This is a Washington Management Position. This position is not represented by a bargaining unit.
Those interested in this position must apply through Careers.wa.gov. Applications must include the following documents in MS Word and PDF format only:
* A letter of interest specifically addressing the qualifications listed in this announcement; * A current r?sum?, and; * A list of three or more professional references.
Please address any questions to:
Carole Lynch, Human Resources
Office of Superintendent of Public Instruction
600 Washington Street Southeast
Olympia, Washington 98504-7200
(360) ###-####; ...@k12.wa.us
Persons needing accommodation in the application process or this announcement in an alternative format may contact the Human Resources Office at (360) ###-#### or (360) ###-####, or e-mail ...@k12.wa.us.
New Jobs Alert Service
OSPI offers a subscription service, which regularly notifies subscribers of new OSPI employment opportunities on careers.wa.gov. Subscribers are notified via text or email alert. If you are interested in this service, then please subscribe at this location.
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.