Minimum Qualifications MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
Candidates must be reachable for appointment from the current Civil Service eligible list;
OR for Transfer Opportunity:
Candidates must have one year of permanent service as an Associate Psychologist and be eligible for lateral transfer; OR be in a title deemed appropriate for transfer via Section 70.1 of the Civil Service Law;
For Temporary Appointment:
Candidates must have a doctoral degree in a field of psychology; AND have completed a one-year, full-time clinical internship or traineeship; OR one year of psychology experience in a clinical setting under the supervision of a Licensed Psychologist. Candidates must demonstrate on their application how they meet this qualification.
Duties Description PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
As an Associate Psychologist in the Office for People with Developmental Disabilities, the incumbent performs a wide range of professional, administrative and technical duties such as;
* Work with individuals receiving services that present the more complex behavioral and/or mental health problems.
* Provide administrative supervision to lower-level psychology staff.
* Provide and perform professional psychological services.
* Design, develop, administer, score, and interpret psychological tests.
* Conduct psychological evaluations.
* Participate at treatment team meetings and assist in the development of behavioral/treatment plans.
* Participate in and lead individual, family and group counseling sessions.
* Prepare reports and maintain a wide variety of records.
Please note that, appointment at this level requires possession of a doctoral degree in a field of psychology.
Additional Comments Please note:
* Preference will be given to OPWDD employees impacted by closures. If you are being impacted by closure, please indicate this on your resume/cover letter.
* All OPWDD employees must be eligible and maintain eligibility for full and unconditional participation in the Medicare and Medicaid programs. Continued employment will depend on maintaining eligibility.
* OPWDD IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
* Position may be eligible for Loan Forgiveness via the Public Service Loan Forgiveness program:
* For more information on PSLF, please visit www.studentAid.gov/publicservice
Associated topics: behavior scientist, clinical psychiatrist, dayrehab, neuroscience, psychiatry, psychotherapist, psychopharmacology, social behavior, sociology, therapist