sourcing category manager, Logistics/Transportation, SSC - Seattle, WA
312 N 83rd St
Loading some great jobs for you...
Job Summary and Mission
This position contributes to Starbucks success by This job contributes to Starbucks success by managing suppliers by engaging industry leaders to envision new supply chains delivering for best value, quality and service. Collaborates cross-functionally to deliver goals and enable the team to manage complex projects. Demonstrates leadership for best in class management of complex sourcing categories. Leads conversations with executive level leaders both internally and externally about global sourcing risks and opportunities. Leads analysis of key government and trade policies effecting the category.
Models and acts in accordance with Starbucks guiding principles.
Summary of Key Responsibilities
Responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
* Sourcing Strategy: * - Employ expert knowledge of key global industry players, competitors and dynamics * - Assist director in establishing measurable and strategic goals to enable bottom-line and top-line company growth, and corporate social responsibility leadership * - Collaborate internally and with suppliers to develop groundbreaking solutions * - Manage a spend up to $600mm depending upon complexity * Develop and Leverage Industry and Supplier Knowledge: * - Drive changes with key global industry players, competitors and dynamics resulting in positive impact to Starbucks. * - Create and leverage strong business and professional relationships with strategic suppliers and industry players to influence their supply chain capabilities, efficiency, and effectiveness * - Develop innovative ways to manage and measure suppliers for continuous performance improvement * Manage Complex Cross-Functional Projects: * - Effectively utilize program and project management tools and techniques * - Effectively manage multiple competing projects and deadlines * - Efficiently solve problems and make decisions for primary and strategic execution and tactical issues within the relevant portfolio of projects and or processes * - Provide oversight, guidance and drive execution of project plans * Leadership and Teamwork: * - Successfully motivate and collaborate within their team and across their peer group, and director level and above * - Lead cross functional teams, mentor and develop procurement managers * - Lead using demonstrated and proven experience and the application of best practice procurement skills
Summary of Experience
* Strategic sourcing/ procurement experience (8 years) * Leading cross functional teams (5 years)
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
* Ability to apply knowledge of multidisciplinary business principles and practices to achieve successful outcomes in cross-functional projects and activities * Analytical: Advanced analytical skills * - Procurement: Advanced knowledge of global market analysis, macro-economic drivers, sourcing category strategy, supplier relationship management 'should-cost' models, and multi-year negotiation strategies, supplier continuous improvement programs/Lean Initiatives * - Legal: Knowledge of critical procurement legal requirements and contracting best practices * - Ethics: Knowledge of business ethics and Starbucks Ethical Sourcing Requirements * - Influence: Ability to influence at an Executive Level both internally and externally. Ability to lead and influence peer groups both internally and externally * - Communication: Exceptional communication both written and oral * - Systems: Knowledge of Excel, Oracle, BI Apps, charting programs, PowerPoint, and others
* Annual Managed Expenses ($600 million)
Starbucks is an equal opportunity employer of all qualified individuals; including minorities, women, veterans, and individuals with disabilities, and regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity. Starbucks will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with all federal, state, and local ordinances.
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.