mgr global logistics I, Transportation & Logistics - Seattle, WA
312 N 83rd St
Loading some great jobs for you...
Job Summary and Mission
This job contributes to Starbucks success by managing the design and implementation of logistics platforms, processes and systems across the Starbucks network. Manages the development of processes and systems that are cost-effective and that accommodate global growth and generate value for Starbucks stores and customers. Models and acts in accordance with Starbucks guiding principles.
Summary of Key Responsibilities
Responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
* Leadership - Setting goals for the work group, developing organizational capability, and modeling how we work together:
* Manages assignment of key responsibilities and practices to ensure the immediate team of direct reports promotes a successful attitude, confidence in leadership, and teamwork to achieve business results.
* Supports a defined common vision, sets priorities and defines roles and responsibilities for partners and cross-functional work teams.
* Supports the implementation of enterprise-wide and department priority programs to ensure the success of the Company.
* Planning and Execution - Developing strategic and operational plans for the work group, managing execution, and measuring results:
* Develops logistics programs to support internal and external business partners, including distribution network infrastructure, transportation trade lane alignment, proactive capacity planning for distribution centers and transportation and identification and alignment of system tool needs with the business.
* Develops metrics and reports to monitor internal performance and third party logistics, carriers and provider goals
* Manages and aligns projects that support the outsourcing strategy for global logistics providers including third party logistics, carriers and value added service providers.
* Manages programs supporting the business strategy by sequencing workload and resources.
* Manages resource plans for various initiatives.
* Manages the environmental strategies for global logistics to complement Starbucks global Corporate Social Responsibility program.
* Manages to financial plans and aligns them with stakeholders.
* Plans and manages work group processes and practices to ensure that programs are aligned with department / company business goals and objectives.
* Prepares, communicates and educates business partners and team on changes in policies and practices within the organization. Liaises and negotiates with suppliers and customers.
* Provides a clear vision and goals for the workgroup.
* Responsible for implementing programs to reduce overall logistics costs through optimization and provider consolidation (where applicable).
* Business Requirements - Providing functional expertise and executing functional responsibilities:
* Be knowledgeable of the regulatory and legal aspects as relating to the economics of distribution and transportation; as well as all aspects of distribution services, costs, operations and negotiations.
* Coordinates and controls the programs and tactics that impact order cycle and associated information systems.
* Cross-functional liaison between Starbucks business units and supply chain operations (Demand / Supply - Planning, IT, Finance, Procurement and Manufacturing).
* Ensure organizational priorities are communicated to Supply Chain field partners in a timely and effective manner.
* Ensure that organizational priorities are communicated to the workgroup in a timely & actionable manner.
* Ensures that customer care and supplier management processes policies and guidelines are up-to-date, aligned with all supply chain teams, and accessible to appropriate partners.
* Manages distribution network models that support business decisions for global market growth and distribution, transport, capacity and location requirements.
* Manages initiatives to create common logistics processes and systems across the Starbucks network. Ensures that processes and systems improve service, gain efficiencies, increase capacity and improve or reduce costs.
* Manages partner?s skill development around technical logistics management processes.
* Manages relationships with Starbucks business units, functional areas and internal and external distribution service providers to support overall business requirements around the raw material, manufactured and retail supply chains.
* Manages reporting processes to communicate project status to project teams and other stakeholders.
* Manages the execution of internal and external supply chain distribution processes, systems and technology that direct and disseminate flow of information while producing economic and efficiency benefits to all business partners.
* Manages the process for evaluating bids, negotiating contracts and monitoring performance of third party logistics and carriers.
* Partners with Tax and Customs partners to design, implement and manage processes to ensure compliance with customs regulations around the world. Assists with customs audits.
* Provide operational oversight to logistics contracts negotiated by procurement.
* Responsible for all aspects of third party supplier management for distribution centers and central distribution center operations (e.g., day-to-day contract administration including defining Key performance indicator and holding vendors accountable to metrics, conducting periodic business reviews, ensuring timely and effective launch of new programs).
* Supports the logistics policy enterprise wide.
* Uses problem-solving and alternatives analysis methodologies to assess the financial and operational impact of business initiatives. Assesses critical information required to make effective decisions or recommendations for process changes.
* Partner Development & Team Building - Providing partners with coaching, feedback, and developmental opportunities and building effective teams:
* Challenges and inspires partners to achieve business results.
* Conducts and ensures the completion of performance reviews.
* Ensures partners adhere to legal and operational compliance requirements.
* Oversees training and development of partners directly and indirectly managed and makes effective staffing decisions.
* Provides coaching, direction and leadership support to team members in order to achieve partners, business and customer results.
Summary of Experience
* Negotiating, budgeting and managing relationships with third party logistics providers (4 years)
* Client Management / Client Customer Care (2 years)
* Developing outsourcing strategies (2 years)
* Implementation of warehouse and inventory systems (2 years)
* Managing a Team (2 years)
* Project management (2 years)
* Strategic planning (1 year)
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
* Team-building skills
* Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing
* Ability to provide technical leadership
* Ability to work independently
* Strong leadership skills, with the ability to coach and mentor team partners
Starbucks is an equal opportunity employer of all qualified individuals; including minorities, women, veterans, and individuals with disabilities, and regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity. Starbucks will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with all federal, state, and local ordinances.