We're in the business of limitless potential. From iconic designs to monumental ground breakings, we believe the best solutions are the product of diverse perspectives.
By managing capital programs and projects as if they were our own, our project management business, and technical experts work with clients to strategize, plan, and implement projects that help them achieve their organization's objectives. Our award-winning team has managed thousands of projects across all sectors?-?hospitals, airports, and entire university campuses; infrastructure like mass transit and water-treatment facilities; and energy and resource assignments, from mines to wind farms.
Join an award-winning team of program and project management specialists that are passionate to bring transformational project solutions to life.
Stantec is seeking a mid to senior level Project Manager to be based anywhere in the U.S.
As a Project Manager, you will be in a business critical role where you will guard against and minimize risks on Major Alternative Project Delivery (APD) Projects (Design-Build or PPP). This includes keeping our design team on schedule, on budget while meeting the scope and requirements of our contractor clients. You will take on Stantec's largest buildings projects, having great exposure and visibility to senior management to accelerate your career.
Your Key Responsibilities
* Manage our financial and contractual position on major APD design projects.
* During the pursuit phase, assist in the development of the design schedule and budget for the project.
* Negotiate contractual terms with our contractor clients during the teaming and pursuit phases so that our interests are protected and risk is minimized.
* Assist in the management of the project controls team to obtain essential project information for management decisions. Develop project reporting to client and internal leadership teams which includes financial forecasts, earned value, staffing needs, schedule forecast, risk analysis and revenue recognition.
* Manage subcontractors/subconsultants.
* Develop and negotiate change orders in a timely fashion.
* Ensure proper documentation contractual notices are in place to ensure the company's commercial and contractual position is being protected.
* Maintain good relationships with the Contractor and end-user clients for repeat business.
* Manage against liquidated damages or potential and actual claims from Contractor. Formulate and implement a claims strategy when necessary.
* Assist in project staff education of the risks associated with the project.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
* Project Management experience on construction projects valued at $250MM minimum.
* Sound knowledge and experience in all commercial and contractual aspects.
* Possess extremely strong written and oral communication skills.
* Self-motivated with good organizational and interpersonal skills.
* Able to cope with demanding schedule and lead / co-ordinate a multi-disciplinary team.
* Willingness to travel approximately 50%.
* Experience in Design-Build or Public Private Partnerships (PPP) preferred.
* Project experience to include Buildings preferred.
Education and Experience
Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Construction Management, Architecture, or similar.
5 years relevant Project Management experience
Typical office environment working with computers and remaining sedentary for long periods of time. Field work may include exposure to the elements including inclement weather.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each others' talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Job: Project Manager
Primary Location: United States-Pennsylvania-Philadelphia
Other Locations: United States-Colorado-Broomfield, United States-Massachusetts-Boston, United States-North Carolina-Charlotte, United States-Colorado-Denver, United States-New York-New York
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Travel: Yes, 50 % of the Time
Req ID: 180002DI
Associated topics: administrator, construction manager, healthcare, project, project manager, public, public works, scheduler, site supervisor, superintendent
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.