Accurate data is the top priority for our Geomatics team. Through our work, we measure, process, and analyze spatial data and define land boundaries. We provide our clients a full range of Geomatics, surveying, and mapping services. Join a team of inspired and talented professionals who continually find inventive ways to get the job done safer, better, faster, and smarter.
You are familiar with boundary survey principles and Record Maps, Surveys and ALTAs. You are self-motivated and have the ability to work independently and/or supervise a field crew to collect data utilizing GPS/GNSS and conventional survey techniques as well as perform data reduction and drafting of the final survey product.
You will ensure the preparation of accurate, complete and value-added survey work products to consistently meet clients' project goals. As a professional land surveyor, you have the authority to sign and seal survey documents prepared by you or performed under your direct supervision. Upon signing and sealing, surveyors take full professional responsibility for that work. This position works on assignments that are complex in nature where judgment is required in resolving problems and making routine recommendations.
Looking for a new and exciting opportunity within Land Surveying? Join our Philadelphia team today!
Your Key Responsibilities
* Sign and seal survey documents.
* Plans, schedules, conducts, and coordinates the technical aspects of projects. May manage survey projects.
* Engages regularly with clients and design professionals to discuss current projects, evaluate firm performance, and identify other business opportunities.
* May serve as the leader on the team. Coordinates activities of field crews, including providing job assignments, information, direction, and daily checking of work product.
* Assists with business development, proposal preparation, project management, and final review for all surveys prepared (QA/QC).
* Performs other duties of a similar nature and level as assigned.
* Able to assist in field surveys as required.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
* Effective leader and communicator with team and clients
* Excellent cooperative skills in working efficiently with a team, and training, coordinating, and leading others in accomplishing work activities
* Knowledge of local survey requirements and regulations, surveying principles, techniques and procedures, occupational hazards and safety precautions
* Demonstrates intermediate to advanced skills in survey processing software
* Working knowledge of relevant technical software including AutoCAD Civil 3D
* Working knowledge of field instrumentation, GPS, and robotic total stations
* Ability to solve complex problems using sound professional judgment, creativity, and innovation
* Demonstrates strong math skills, including algebra and trigonometry
* Experience within Philadelphia, Delaware and Chester County
Education and Experience
Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Geomatics, Surveying or related field
Licensed by Commonwealth of Pennsylvania in Land Surveying preferred
Experience within Southern New Jersey preferred
Minimum of 3-4 years of experience
Typical office environment working with computers and remaining sedentary for long periods of time. Field work may include exposure to the elements including inclement weather.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Job: Land Surveying Professional
Primary Location: United States-Pennsylvania-West Chester
Other Locations: United States-Pennsylvania-Philadelphia