- $75,900.00 -118,150.00/year*
1103 Market St
The buildings that make up the landscape of our daily lives seem like permanent fixtures, fastened to a time and place. But what if that didn't have to be true? What if our built environment - where we live, learn, play, and conduct business - carried us forward instead?
Our Buildings practice keeps people at its heart, recognizing that our shared journey forward is shaped by the meaningful and responsive places we design. From iconic designs to monumental groundbreakings, join us to bring transformational building solutions to life. Every day we apply our expertise, creativity, and passion to propel communities into the future-join us!
This is an Architectural Intern design role. You will work on tasks with close guidance and direction from a Senior Designer or Architect. You will be working on projects specialized in space programming and site planning, as well as developing elevations, sections, and architectural details with the rest of the team. You will be assisting with innovative and creative new prototypes, design with sustainability in mind, and attend building site visits and client interactions. The development of IDP credits is a fundamental principal for Stantec Architecture and being an active member of our team will help you achieve licensure through the breadth of your experience.
Your Key Responsibilities
* Conducts basic interpretations of sketches, drawings, codes, building program and other similar material.
* Supports project team in development of design documentation.
* Assists in the development of a design through sketches, physical models, electronic models, diagrams, massing studies, and other visual formats.
* Utilizes BIM technologies in development of 3D models of buildings and their components.
* Assists in research of concept, benchmarks, materials, typology, and precedents.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
* Basic understanding of utilizing technology as a design tool.
* Ability to hand sketch and communicate concepts and ideas to others effectively.
* Strong written and verbal communication skills.
* To interpret sketches, drawings, building program and other similar material.
* Requires understanding of 3D modeling software including, but not limited to Revit, AutoCAD, 3DS Max, Rhino, SketchUP.Extensive knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite is a plus.
Education and Experience
Working toward Bachelor's degree in Architecture or related field. Co-Op experience preferred.
Typical office environment working with computers and remaining sedentary for long periods of time. Field work may include exposure to the elements including inclement weather.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Job: Co-op/Summer/Intern Student
Primary Location: United States-Pennsylvania-Philadelphia
Job Level: Entry Level
Req ID: 190000M0
Associated topics: architect, architectural, architecture, building, construction, drafter, structural engineer
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...