- SPX Corporation
44 Cider Ferry Rd
This senior level position will perform general and semi complex assembly tasks under minimal supervision. The incumbent is responsible for product assembly in a safe and timely manner while maintaining established quality standards. A certain degree of creativity and latitude is required. May lead and direct the work of others.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Aligns, fits, and assembles component parts into completed units using hand & power tools, fixtures and templates.
* Use current database system to key shop orders, check inventory locations and view parts availability
* Will test completed units and make adjustments as required
* Perform daily cycle counts
* Perform full system assembly using blueprints, work instructions and OTJ training
* Calibrate and/or pressure test assemblies
* Clean and maintain work area
* Responsible for quality control. Make adjustments as necessary to produce product within specifications
* Reject product outside of specifications
* Prepares product for final release for shipment and/or for stock
* May be required to operate a spray painter within a booth to apply finishes on sub-assemblies and/or finished products
* May be required to perform other jobs and duties as assigned
* High School diploma or equivalent
* Five or more years in a similar manufacturing environment
* Safety conscious
* Strong product knowledge
* Demonstrated quality work, understands quality criteria
* Experience with hand and power tools
* Experience with applying finishes and operating bake ovens a plus
* Soldering experience
* Ability to plan and accomplish goals
* Blueprint reading experience
* Able to work in a team environment
* Will need to pass medical qualification to use of respirator
Physical demands as required by the nature of work. Work involves frequent lifting of materials and product up to 30 pounds. Ability to stand for extended period of times.
Normal working conditions: Manufacturing environment. Requires the use of safety equipment to include but not limited to eye safety glasses, hearing protection and safety shoes.
Associated topics: assemble, assembler, assembly, installation, reassemble, re assemble
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...